bono is offline Hall of Famer

NBA Playoffs: Now that the seedings are officially set...

East:
    (1) Pistons) vs. (8) Bucks
    (2) Heat vs. (7) Bulls
    (3) Nets vs. (6) Pacers
    (4) Cavaliers vs. (5) Wizards
    West:
    (1) Spurs vs. (8) Kings
    (2) Suns vs. (7) Lakers
    (3) Nuggets vs. (6) Clippers
    (4) Mavericks vs. (5) Grizzlies
    Which 5-8 seeds have a greater chance of upsetting, and why? (Remember, it is now the BEST OF 7 in the first round!!!! More room for error.
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

GFENSE84 is offline Rookie

Re: NBA Playoffs: Now that the seedings are officially set..

Bono wrote:
    Which 5-8 seeds have a greater chance of upsetting, and why? (Remember, it is now the BEST OF 7 in the first round!!!! More room for error.

I would say in the East,the #5 Wizards might be able to upset the #4 Cavaliers if Snow can't hold Arenas from going off in the series and in the West, I can see maybe the #6 LA Clippers sneaking past the #3 Denver Nuggets especially if the Nuggets look past the Clippers like most teams have done in their history playing against them
    Sig created by Vikez06
    [img:ba4cd10c8a]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/s21cal/kevinwilliams21.jpg[/img:ba4cd10c8a]

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: NBA Playoffs: Now that the seedings are officially set...

Clippers will take the Nuggets no doubt.. Kenyon can't stop Brand.. Expecially since he is gimp.. And Sammy C is a clutch playoff player

And yah the Wizards could take the Cavs I agree.. Lebron will get shut down and who will they turn to?

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Nice, 3 teams without a winning record in the playoffs.

Thats just wrong to me.

Especially bono's Bucks!

bono is offline Hall of Famer

Ultra,
    I wouldn't call a team that finished two games below .500 a losing team, esp. when they finished 8th in a a 15-team conference. Heck, how many MLB teams, who clinch a playoff birth, have .500 or above season ending records in their 100-plus season games? (this ain't football, lad. it's much harder to finish .500 and above with these many games).
    Too bad those T'wolves (whom I respect, however) of yours (assuming you're not only a minn. vikings' fan, but a minn. t'wolves fan, as well) couldn't make a post-season entrance for the SECOND season in a row!
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"bono" wrote:
    Ultra,
    I wouldn't call a team that finished two games below .500 a losing team, esp. when they finished 8th in a a 15-team conference. Heck, how many MLB teams, who clinch a playoff birth, have .500 or above season ending records in their 100-plus season games? (this ain't football, lad. it's much harder to finish .500 and above with these many games).
    Too bad those T'wolves (whom I respect, however) of yours (assuming you're not only a minn. vikings' fan, but a minn. t'wolves fan, as well) couldn't make a post-season entrance for the SECOND season in a row!
    Are you crazy? You wouldn't call a team that finished 2 games below .500 a losing team? Do you have any idea what a winning percentage is? The Pacers and Bulls finsished at .500; not a winning nor a losing record. So I was right to say they did not have a winning record. :roll:

Who was the last baseball team to clinch a playoff birth with less than a .500 percentage? Huh? I looked back a few years and did not find one. There could have been one but you make it sound like it happens all the time kiddo. :roll:

What do the Wolves have to do with this? Just trying to make a cheap jab, eh kiddo? I never said they were any good, did I. They sucked this year and last. What's your point? :roll:

My point is, the NBA has way too many playoff teams. I team that has a losing record (like the Bucks) should never even get a shot at the title.

Please bring something better to the table next time kiddo. I thought you were some kind of aspiring sportswriter. I feel sorry for whoever hires you.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "bono" wrote:
    Ultra,
    Are you crazy? You wouldn't call a team that finished 2 games below .500 a losing team? Do you have any idea what a winning percentage is? The Pacers and Bulls finsished at .500; not a winning nor a losing record. So I was right to say they did not have a winning record. :roll:

Who was the last baseball team to clinch a playoff birth with less than a .500 percentage? Huh? I looked back a few years and did not find one. There could have been one but you make it sound like it happens all the time kiddo. :roll:

What do the Wolves have to do with this? Just trying to make a cheap jab, eh kiddo? I never said they were any good, did I. They sucked this year and last. What's your point? :roll:

My point is, the NBA has way too many playoff teams. I team that has a losing record (like the Bucks) should never even get a shot at the title.

Please bring something better to the table next time kiddo. I thought you were some kind of aspiring sportswriter. I feel sorry for whoever hires you.