Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 'NBA player jumps into stands, but this time it's different'

Too bad that some fans are total A$$HOLES!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Del Rio Guest

Re: 'NBA player jumps into stands, but this time it's differ

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    I'm sure he will be suspended and or fined.

Players don't enter the stands. Fans get drunk, fans harrass people. That is the issue. That should be addressed.

I would have done the same thing he did, and I don't think he is bad for doing so. That being said the line has been drawn and I doubt he will avoid some form of punishment.
    True, and I don't think he should be looked down upon for doing it.

You pinpointed the real issue. The NBA needs to come up with solutions and teach the players and the families how to deal with it. What they will tolerate and what they won't. You can't expect everyone to act civil, you have to explain how you want them to act.

Also he will probably get suspended lightly and actually, if he is suspended and loses a game check I don't think they should fine him.

The NBA and the NFL are like parents that teach. They didn't do a good job on this from the front end.. But they are probably going to teach on the back end with the fine/susp. There is a security personel behind every bench in the NBA. Grab the guy and tell him to get his jiggly butt up there.

For all Davis knew, his family could have been the bait. Anyway, he is not the enforcer, he has no right going up there, unless he wants to get fined/susp. I don't hold it against him, just pointing out that I can't feel sorry for him. It is his money and his life and his family.

Davis went up there and seemed to be level headed about it, didn't start anything himself. It was pretty harmless when you look at it, and that is why I say let the official security person take care of it.

If the guy wanted to attack her he would have and there would have been nothing that Davis could have done about it. In the situation that his wife and family were placed in, they obviously had a chance to react to it. Like I said before, she could have left the spot and got a guard herself if she was being harassed.
    So true, and just think there is no better use of money then protecting your family. If he does get fined it won't be a YOU DID WRONG type of thing it will be a I can't let you go into the stands even if it was for the right reasons.

What the NBA should do is have a designated area for the families that come to the games and have security guards there lol, I guess that would never work because then Samuel Jackson would be sitting with the mortals and he may be harrassed.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    The rule is that if a player enters the stands, that he will be thrown out of the game. That is the only set punishment. I think he will pay a fine if that and that is all. You cannot seriously punish a man who was protecting his family.
    I hope you are right, I thought it was a mandatory suspension. I hope I am wrong. I dont want the guy suspended, I just expect the NBA to treat him as the rules are laid out.

Prophet Guest

Whatever fine or suspension they come up with is worth it. I would protect my wife in a heartbeat, regardless of the consequences.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

He went about it the right way, unlike Artest. I do not think he will have any problems with the punishment.

If it were me....I would be in jail right now.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

ya thats the thing, he didnt run up there in a heat of rage he went up there like a man ready to protect his family.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Who wouldn't go up in the stands? If some drunk dude as touching my GF I would have been yelling and all that.. Not just went up there

Del Rio Guest

He can't really prove his family was in danger.

The talk show hosts are guessing Stern comes down hard with a 5 game suspension.

You don't go into the stands.

Like I said I don't blame the guy and I would have done the same thing but he's gonna get smacked on the wrist for this.

Prophet Guest

page2

ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I'm sure he will be suspended and or fined.

Players don't enter the stands. Fans get drunk, fans harrass people. That is the issue. That should be addressed.

I would have done the same thing he did, and I don't think he is bad for doing so. That being said the line has been drawn and I doubt he will avoid some form of punishment.
    He has been suspended for 5 days, active tonight.
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast