Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NBA Lottery

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: NBA Lottery

"tjohnson" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    BAH! 7th pick...oh well...I hope they actually pick someone good this year. Their draft picks have SUCKED ever since they picked Pierce. Joe Johnson was a good pick, but they traded him away. Kedrick Brown was not a good pick, neither was Joe Forte. It seems like Gerald Green might work out well and Delonte West looked pretty good too. As far as finding a superstar though, they've come up pretty short!
    Its difficult to find a superstar (obviously unless Lebron, Howard, etc lead the class) in the draft and teams usually have to draft a player w/ a lot on potential and watch him develop into a star (i.e. McGrady, Nowitski, J. O'Neal, etc, etc). That being said I think the Celts have drafted extremely wll in the past couple drafts. Delonte has all the makings to be a solid SG. Gerald Green showed signs of greatness at the end of the year. Ryan Gomes had a very nice rookie year and for Perk and Al Jefferson the sky's the limit. Wait three years and tell me the Celts didn't draft any superstars.
    I certainly hope you're right! I just hate drafting high school guys. It always seems like they rot on the bench for 3 or 4 years, then they're traded, and THEN they become superstars for someone else. That exact thing happened w/Jermaine O'Neal and T-Mac (although they knew T-Mac was good before he left).

I hope those guys stick around and become the superstars you think they'll be.

PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

I'm a HUGE Tracy Mcgrady fan, so I guess I'm a Rockets fan.

I'm happy with them getting the 8th overall pick, now they can finally get the dynamic duo some help.

The Rockets have been one of the most underachieving teams in the NBA, but a lot of that has to do with Tracy Mcgrady and Yao Ming not being able to stay healthy. After T-Mac got hurt this season, Yao Ming was DOMINATING, but it wasen't recognized because the Rockets were losing.

If T-Mac and Yao can stay healthy for an entire season and if they can get some solid role players, the Rockets are really gonna suprise some people in the 2006-2007 NBA season.
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

bono is offline Hall of Famer

Olson,
    Regarding your statement about Big Ticket and trade rumors...
    After the Cavs lost to the Pistons in game 7, some of the analyst, I think, on NBA TV, ect, were stating that the Cavs need someone like Big Ticket to help James and the Cavs go all the way...that KG is who the Cavs should set their attentions on this off-season (after resigning James, that is). But, then, someone said something about it never happening b/c they don't have the money to get a guy like KG.
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"bono" wrote:
    Olson,
    Regarding your statement about Big Ticket and trade rumors...
    After the Cavs lost to the Pistons in game 7, some of the analyst, I think, on NBA TV, ect, were stating that the Cavs need someone like Big Ticket to help James and the Cavs go all the way...that KG is who the Cavs should set their attentions on this off-season (after resigning James, that is). But, then, someone said something about it never happening b/c they don't have the money to get a guy like KG.
    my point was that rumors flying around carry absolutely no weight until somebody from the minnesota timberwolves organization comes out and says "kevin garnett wishes to be traded"..so far KG himself has said that he will be going absolutely nowhere, and the owner held a press conference with the sole purpose of telling everybody that garnett would not be available this offseason..dont buy into any of the KG rumors because mchale and taylor are still looking to generate trades to build a servicable team around kevin garnett..many teams have interest, which sparks writers to make up trade scenarios in their heads, which get taken way out of proportion by fans to the point where fans begin believing garnett is indeed available to their team, which is not the case..people need to realize that being interested in a particular player does not mean there is any need to assume it is a "trade rumor"
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

"tjohnson" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "tjohnson" wrote:
    "MplsViking" wrote:
    is rodney carney the guy from memphis? if he is, he is like the sickest athlete in this draft
    def Rudy G-A-Y (<------haha, its censored w/o the spaces) , maybe not the most well-rounded yet, but def best athlete
    thats easy to say when ur from conneticut..g-a-y is another athletic freak, but carney surpasses him in speed, quickness and vertical leap..g-a-y mite be the best player right now, but he has no ability to take over a basketball game..rudy plays within an offense and doesnt like to go to the isolation game like carney often did at memphis
    i know im partial to uconn, and rudy isnt the fastest or quickest guy, but nobody in the COUNTRY can out jump him
    come on man ur from that area, now i know youve seen a guy named gerald green jump lol..gay has sick hops, and so does carney, so i geuss i shouldnt have gone as far as saying either one can outjump the other, but ive seen carney do some absolutely insane things dunking in traffic that gay has only done in the open court..no question they are in next years dunk contest along with gerald green and andre iguodala
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

"tjohnson" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    BAH! 7th pick...oh well...I hope they actually pick someone good this year. Their draft picks have SUCKED ever since they picked Pierce. Joe Johnson was a good pick, but they traded him away. Kedrick Brown was not a good pick, neither was Joe Forte. It seems like Gerald Green might work out well and Delonte West looked pretty good too. As far as finding a superstar though, they've come up pretty short!
    Its difficult to find a superstar (obviously unless Lebron, Howard, etc lead the class) in the draft and teams usually have to draft a player w/ a lot on potential and watch him develop into a star (i.e. McGrady, Nowitski, J. O'Neal, etc, etc). That being said I think the Celts have drafted extremely wll in the past couple drafts. Delonte has all the makings to be a solid SG. Gerald Green showed signs of greatness at the end of the year. Ryan Gomes had a very nice rookie year and for Perk and Al Jefferson the sky's the limit. Wait three years and tell me the Celts didn't draft any superstars.
    tjohnson i agree with you 100% there..i absolutely hate danny ainge, but i gotta give him credit for the way he has drafted the last coule years..gerald green is the next Tracy McGrady, only with more athleticism and a way better jump shot..jefferson needs to put more of an effort in, or have a great season that makes celtics fans forget about antoine walker (my favorite nba player since his rookie season)..Ltrey33 you have to remember that those draft picks werent danny ainges selections

"PurplePride80" wrote:
    I'm a HUGE Tracy Mcgrady fan, so I guess I'm a Rockets fan.

I'm happy with them getting the 8th overall pick, now they can finally get the dynamic duo some help.

The Rockets have been one of the most underachieving teams in the NBA, but a lot of that has to do with Tracy Mcgrady and Yao Ming not being able to stay healthy. After T-Mac got hurt this season, Yao Ming was DOMINATING, but it wasen't recognized because the Rockets were losing.

If T-Mac and Yao can stay healthy for an entire season and if they can get some solid role players, the Rockets are really gonna suprise some people in the 2006-2007 NBA season.
    i dont even think that a successful season for them next year would be a suprise at all..if you look at the rockets record without mcgrady or yao in the lineup, you can see exactly what went wrong last season..theyre a good team (definitely a playoff team) whenever those two guys step out on the floor, if theyre missing one of the two, the team flops..its all about yao and tmac staying healthy, because theyve got a good group of guys there to compliment their two stars..mike james also said he wants to go back to houston this offseason, so thats going to be another great addition for that team

Ddawg84 is offline Starter

A Mock Draft already on Sports Center had the Timberwolves taking Rudy Gay... and that would be Amazing... Carney is good too... but I think Rudy's outside game will help our team a lot... him and McCants could be a good one-two punch together in the future...

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Trade to the 3rd slot and get either Tyrus Thomas, Reddick or Morrison!!

We need either a PG or Center..

I kinda like Banks and think he could develop into a steller player.. So I would be looking at a Center more

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Forgive my ignorance, but this is the first year that the NBA has the No High-School Ballers rule isn't it?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast