Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    bono is offline Hall of Famer

Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoff race...

LeBron? Ha! How 'bout "go Vince Carter!"? He scored like 43 points today in a win against the mighty, mightyLESS Heat. And although the Cavs have won like 8 straight, the Nets have won their 12th straight, and against some really, really GREAT teams.
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

The final 6 seeds will be
    Pistons----------They really good talent and great chemistry
    Heat--------------Shaq was out two game but today dominated
    Nets------------On a hot streak, team is meshing well
    Cavs------------Flashes of Jordan in Lebron in clutch
    Wizards---------Arenas is a great point guard and leader
    76ers----------- IVERSON is back !!!!!!!!!!!!

But after all is done, the pistons wont be able to take down the WEST !!
    GO WEST COAST !!!

Huh, Californian?
    What do you mean by "the final 6 seeds"? In the NBA, each conference has 8 seeds for the playoffs. It's official, that the Pistons are the number one seed in the East (they clinched the conference today, with the win against the suns). The Bucks and Pacers, as of right now, are currently holding down the sixth and seventh spots in that order, with the sixers just barely holding on to the 8th. While, it's possible that the sixers will clinch, I believe the Bucks and Pacers have an even greater chance of clinching. Not to mention, Bucks own tie-breaker against the sixers, so they finish with the same record at the end of the season, bucks are for sure in...assuming that that record is STILL better than those other three teams outside looking in (i.e. bulls, celtics, and raptors).

I messed up, but thats my prediction if it were to go into the playoffs. I am not too sure about the Bucks finishing strong, while the sixers would lose the tiebreaker but will be strong, why you ask ? Well while iverson was out igodula and dalembert have contributing good. And with him there the point, assists will add to the equitation. The pacers will make the playoffs but wont advance to the next round. Dont get me wrong foster and jonson are pulling their weight , and o'neal anchoring the team. I just dont believe they have what it takes. Plus stephen jackson is to erratic. And about those three teams outside looking in sadly you put raptors on the list, thats says a lot about how bad the majority of teams in the eastern conference are. But anyway I am being sidetracked. The Bulls and celtics seem like they will make a strong push but I would go for the celtics more. R. Gomes is doing well. Pierce as always good, and now with Wally. They will make a really strong push.

Well Californian,
    to be perfectly honest with you, it's not really a question as to whether or not the Bucks, Pacers and Wizards will make the playoffs (although, they are still statistically capable of missing it)...these three teams are pretty much in. It's the 8th spot that's got folks hummin'. Yeah, sixers are loosely holding on to it right now, but Bulls, Raptors and Celtics (more Bulls, than the other two) are close by. These three teams aren't really a threat to the Bucks, Pacers and Wizards. For, it's really a matter of which place the Bucks, Pacers and Wizards will finish in for the playoffs (5th, 6th or 7th).

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"bono" wrote:
    Well Californian,
    to be perfectly honest with you, it's not really a question as to whether or not the Bucks, Pacers and Wizards will make the playoffs (although, they are still statistically capable of missing it)...these three teams are pretty much in. It's the 8th spot that's got folks hummin'. Yeah, sixers are loosely holding on to it right now, but Bulls, Raptors and Celtics (more Bulls, than the other two) are close by. These three teams aren't really a threat to the Bucks, Pacers and Wizards. For, it's really a matter of which place the Bucks, Pacers and Wizards will finish in for the playoffs (5th, 6th or 7th).
    Um, I'm a big Raptors fan, and I gotta tell you that the Raptors haven't a chance in hell of making the playoffs. With 10 games left, they're 8 games back, and they'd have to pass two teams to make it. I would be surprised if the Celtics made it, and they're 4.5 games back.

Plus, it looks like the Raptors are gonna lose tonight too (in double OT). :sad:

Thanks PPE for the sig.

But Canadian,
    STATISTICALLY speaking, Raptors still have a chance.

tjohnson is offline Asst. Coach

"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    "bono" wrote:
    Well Californian,
    Um, I'm a big Raptors fan, and I gotta tell you that the Raptors haven't a chance in hell of making the playoffs. With 10 games left, they're 8 games back, and they'd have to pass two teams to make it. I would be surprised if the Celtics made it, and they're 4.5 games back.

Plus, it looks like the Raptors are gonna lose tonight too (in double OT). :sad:
    What do you think about Villanueva?? I go to UConn so I was bummed he turned pro and honestly thought he might struggle this year. It's nice to see he's been playing well, and he had a huge game w/ 48 the other night so that was cool. :thumbright:

How do ya like them apples?!

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"minvikes01" wrote:
    i say th wizards and sixers make the playoff too,

detroit wins eastern conf.
    Go MY WIZARDS! I might have a heart attack...my Wizards making the playoffs two years in a row?? Crazy! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

Schleppy is offline Starter

Even the best teams have off days..hell, they came back from 17 last night and have home court advantage now. Can you rest the starters now and be fresh for the playoffs. No way they lose to a 8 seed. The PISTONS are the Patriots of the NBA. ALL Team and no Shaq, AI, Kobe superstar. just good players playing well together. My son won his last tournament of the year yesterday. 6 pt.s 19 steals and 10 assists for the tourney..his in the third grade. fun to watch them kids learn b-ball.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12