Page 1 of 17 123 11 ... LastLast
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

NBA Draft thread

OK, it's a little over a week away from the NBA draft, so I figured I would start a thread. I am not as big of a NBA draft nut, as I am for the NFL, but I do love the NBA draft and except for the hgih schoolers and foreign guys, I have ssen the college players play a lot.

Some guys I like are:

PG Raymond felton-Has unbelievable speed with and without the ball. Can create his own shot on the dribble and get to the basket against the best defenders. He worked on his outside shot before last season and shot excellent from outside. He also has unreal court vision and is an unbelievable passer. He can be tenacious on D and is a great on ball defender. He also has the strenght to hold off guards trying to post him up. Has huge upside and no downside IMO. Projected picks 5-10

SG Salim Stoudamire- The best pure shooter in the draft, has no range. Has all the shots, including the fade away or fall away shot. He needs to bulk up some and might get posted up by a lot of guards in the NBA. Best suited to guard PG's in the NBA. He can be a good defender but is lazy at times also. Projected as a mid 2nd round pick.

PG Chris Paul- The only knock on him is his defense. He isn't the tenacious defender that felton is, but can hold his own against PG's. He is a great penetrator and can be a scorer from the PG position. He is also a good passer and can also be that assist guy. He is also an excellent rebounder for a PG. He is a little raw and still has room to develope. I could see him being a better version of steve francis. Will go pick 3-4.

PF Hakim Warrick- The kid is a winner and a hard worker. He improved his game evry season, which is a sign of his hard work. He has long arms and can dunk from anywhere. He developed a good short range shot 2 years ago and has a great offensive game with his back to the basket. He can be a great weakside shot blocker with some teaching, although he didn't do it a whole lot in college. Needs to bulk up as much as possible or he could get worked by all of the PF's of the west. Also can work on his midrange shot. Projected mid first round.

SF Joey graham- An extremely athletic guy who has the bulk to man up some of the PF's of the NBA. He is a good defender, as everyone is at oklahoma st. He has a good outside shot, but needs to work on his 3 point shooting to be a dangerous SF in the NBA. Is very tough when taking the ball to the rim and can finish extremely well. Is a very flashy player and will have some huge dunks over guys, exciting the crowds. Projected 6-11.

Here are a few guys I really like but not all of them. I am sure I forgot some guys and I will mention them later this week if I think of any.

Lists some of your favorites and who you want your fav team to pick.

I am hoping for felton at 10 and stoudamire and wayne simeon or ronnie turiaf with our 2 2nd's.

fred3105 is offline Coordinator

Re: NBA Draft thread

Gerald Green wish he could play for Houston.
    http://homepage.mac.com/vijayr/PSU/MM05PSU2.mov (Mario Manningham)

Already thought of one more guy I like.

Ike diogu from arizona state. He is a PF and is very athletic. Has good strenghth and has freakishly long arms like an elton brand. He is a good athletic PF that I wouldn't mid LA getting.

"fred3105" wrote:
    Gerald Green wish he could play for Houston.

Been hearing a lot of buzz about green but haven't seen him play at all, since he is a HS'er. I hear that portland is interested in him, and might pass up on chris paul and take him at 3. They are hoping that charlotte will want chris paul bad enough to move up from 5 to snag him. Then NO's would take derron williams and portland would snag green at 5. If not, it may go portland gets green at 3 and then NO would get paul at 4 and charlotte would take derron williams at 5.

Danny Granger from new mexico is another guy getting a lot of buzz, but that is one college player I haven't seen much of. Anyone seen him play much?

fred3105 is offline Coordinator

I dont really follow Basketball. I just like Gerald Green since hes from Houston and he won the slam dunk contest.
    http://homepage.mac.com/vijayr/PSU/MM05PSU2.mov (Mario Manningham)

From a Lakers source on a trade that will suposidly will happen: "A source who I trust 1000%. Devean George, Stanislav Medvedenko, and early 2nd rounder for Jonathan Bender and Indiana's 1st rounder."

LA would then have pick 10(felton), 17(diogu), and 39(stoudamire), giving up their 37th pick.

I like that move for LA since george is the exact same player as caron butler and I like bendor.

"fred3105" wrote:
    I dont really follow Basketball. I just like Gerald Green since hes from Houston and he won the slam dunk contest.

Yeah, I've been reading he can really fly. It's tough for people like us to know what these HS'ers and foreign guys can do when we don't see them play at all. That is what makes the NBA draft much less appealing to me, compared to the NFL draft. That and it's only 2 rounds.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    From a Lakers source on a trade that will suposidly will happen: "A source who I trust 1000%. Devean George, Stanislav Medvedenko, and early 2nd rounder for Jonathan Bender and Indiana's 1st rounder."

LA would then have pick 10(felton), 17(diogu), and 39(stoudamire), giving up their 37th pick.

I like that move for LA since george is the exact same player as caron butler and I like bendor.
    Which source did you get that from? Very interesting, but i dont know if i would do that trade. Dont know how well bender is and i dont know anything about the nba draft.

I think it could happen since jackson would want to work with new and better talent since we dont have too much too work with now and the salary cap situation is a mess thanks to guys like brian grant. :evil:
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:

Which source did you get that from? Very interesting, but i dont know if i would do that trade. Dont know how well bender is and i dont know anything about the nba draft.

I think it could happen since jackson would want to work with new and better talent since we dont have too much too work with now and the salary cap situation is a mess thanks to guys like brian grant. :evil:

This source of mine is kind of backing down some on this trade, but it could definitely still happen. Either way, phil jackson said he talked about what the team could do to improve, as far as what trades could be made and who he thinks he needs on this team, before he even agreed to be the coach of the lakers, so their will be some trades made by LA forsure.

Phil has said he wants to add some beef to the team, literally. I think boozer may be some of that beef, but I haven't heard anything lately on them trading for boozer. I am just assuming, since they tried to get him before the deadline last year.

I think deavon george will be gone, since he is a replica of caron butler, unless we get crazy and trade butler, who phil jackson really likes. For that to happen, we would have to be getting a pretty good player in return.

I think LA might be looking at ways they can get felton in the draft, if they have to move up, they might do it. They know they need to boost the PG spot with some young talent, and they love felton. If the indiana trade happened, they might look to use the 17th pick with their 10th to move up and get him. I really can't see him sliding to 10, that would be a dream.

If they stay at 10, they may reach a little and take jarrod jack from georgia tech, but indiana's 17th would be the perfect spot for jack IMO.

I think it should be interesting for us Lakers fans, when it gets closer to the draft.

Page 1 of 17 123 11 ... LastLast