Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    bono is offline Hall of Famer

NBA 2nd Rd: PICK'EM

Which teams do you EXPECT to win? In how many games in best-of-7?Pistons or Cavaliers:
    Heat or Nets:
    Spurs or Mavericks:
    SUNS (b/c they will win tonight) or Clippers:

Which teams do you WANT to win?Pistons or Cavaliers:
    Heat or Nets:
    Spurs or Mavericks:
    SUNS (b/c they will win tonight) or Clippers:

p.s. feel free to give your reasoning behind your picks.
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

boognish is offline Coordinator

Re: NBA 2nd Rd: PICK'EM

I hate to respond to a Pecker fan, but since it's basketball related I'll make an exception.

Pistons
    Heat
    Clippers
    Mavs

These team will advance to the finals; you can take that to the bank.
    I am a dipshit!!!

Boognish,
    I think the correct word is "Packer." And hey, we're all back at one when it comes to sports outside of football, pal. No harm in "fellowshiping."
    Furthermore,
    I agree with two of your picks: Pistons and Mavs. Pistons will do what they could not do to my poor Bucks: SWEEP the Cavs. Say bye-bye to "playoff Jones" and those game winning heroics by the so-called kInG. Mavs: this team is just too good THIS SEASON for the Spurs. Did you see the way they played 1st round against the not-so-good Kings? Once the series was tied 2-2, Kings could've easily won that series...MAVS, on the other hand, swept their first round "babies," and is MORE than rested for the flawful Spurs.

Heat and Clippers? Heat: the turmoil surrounding the Heat players and their inability to play well together, will not be conquered this time around. The Nets are not the Bulls, although those Baby Bulls are fierce and scary, no doubt. They're a veteran team, who have just as many stars on their team so that the refs. won't be able to easily call the game in the Heat's favor. Moreover, Nets will be looking for revenge after a one-and done SWEEP last season first round against the Heat: Nets taking it in 5.
    Clippers: yeah, they got my boy (a past Milw. Buck) Sam "I Am" Cassell (the guy is still a very good PG), and a few other show stoppers on the team, but they will be no match for the MVP ridin' Suns! Look for the Suns to do what they failed to do in the first round: keep homefield advantage...shut the competition down in 4.

boognish is offline Coordinator

"bono" wrote:
    Boognish,
    I think the correct word is "Packer." And hey, we're all back at one when it comes to sports outside of football, pal. No harm in "fellowshiping."
    Furthermore,
    I agree with two of your picks: Pistons and Mavs. Pistons will do what they could not do to my poor Bucks: SWEEP the Cavs. Say bye-bye to "playoff Jones" and those game winning heroics by the so-called kInG. Mavs: this team is just too good THIS SEASON for the Spurs. Did you see the way they played 1st round against the not-so-good Kings? Once the series was tied 2-2, Kings could've easily won that series...MAVS, on the other hand, swept their first round "babies," and is MORE than rested for the flawful Spurs.

Heat and Clippers? Heat: the turmoil surrounding the Heat players and their inability to play well together, will not be conquered this time around. The Nets are not the Bulls, although those Baby Bulls are fierce and scary, no doubt. They're a veteran team, who have just as many stars on their team so that the refs. won't be able to easily call the game in the Heat's favor. Moreover, Nets will be looking for revenge after a one-and done SWEEP last season first round against the Heat: Nets taking it in 5.
    Clippers: yeah, they got my boy (a past Milw. Buck) Sam "I Am" Cassell (the guy is still a very good PG), and a few other show stoppers on the team, but they will be no match for the MVP ridin' Suns! Look for the Suns to do what they failed to do in the first round: keep homefield advantage...shut the competition down in 4.
    I understand your reasoning, but I don't think that the Nets nor the Suns possess what it takes to succeed in the NBA playoffs... a dominant big man.
    Shaq and Mourning are going to eat Krstic and Collins for breakfast. I also wouldn't read too much into the bickering we're seeing on the side of the court; Riley will straighten that out and Shaq will lay the smack on that biatch Payton if push comes to shove.

Tim Thomas has been playing well, but I just don't think the Suns can do it without Kurt Thomas; he was a beast for them during the regular season. Kaman and Brand are both big-time players, IMO, and we know Sammy shows up to play every night and isn't afraid to take the big shot.

I think the Lakers actually match up better with the Clippers, but I don't think they match up that well with the Suns, which is why they're going to lose tonight.
    I am a dipshit!!!

"...Suns possess what it takes to succeed in the NBA playoffs"? Huh? I could've sworn that this team, w/o Stoudemire/big man, won their division, and finished with the fourth BEST record in the NBA. I honestly can't believe you said that about the Suns. They're freakin' good man! Steve Nash ROCKS...HARD!!!!!!!! They're are definately playoff material. Heck, they're not, then I don't see many remaining teams in the playoffs (besides the pistons/mavs/spurs) that are.

SUNS/LAKERS UPDATE: with approx. 1:15 remaining in the first quarter, Suns are up 28-13!!!!!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Detroit will roll the Cavs.

Net will beat the Heat. The Heat showed what they are made of against the Bulls.

Spurs will beat the Mavs. What can I say, they are the Spurs.

Suns will beat the Clippers. I wish the Clippers would win because they are the perenial crap team.

I will give my 3rd prediction later.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Spurs will win it all again.

MightyVikes12391 is offline Pro-Bowler

Cavs
    Heat
    Mavs
    Suns

kyleo1967 is offline Starter