Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Native American Fight to grow Hemp

http://www.pbs.org/pov/pov2007/standing/about.html

"..Not only does industrial hemp lack marijuana's psychoactive chemical, THC, its presence quickly dilutes the potency of any marijuana plants nearby....In April 2000, the White Plumes planted their first crop. In a surprise attack at 6 a.m. on August 24, 2000, federal agents, armed with guns and weed whackers, chopped the plants down in the same manner they would use to eradicate marijuana. "

I just saw this documentary. It combines two often inflammatory subjects that I find very interesting. Native American rights that may or may not trump state or federal law and the use of industrial hemp which is to marijuana what a tiny inedible crabapple is to a sweet, juicy red delicious.

Have I ever told you what an outstanding humanitarian I am?

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Native American Fight to grow Hemp

"ColoradoViking" wrote:
    http://www.pbs.org/pov/pov2007/standing/about.html

"..Not only does industrial hemp lack marijuana's psychoactive chemical, THC, its presence quickly dilutes the potency of any marijuana plants nearby....In April 2000, the White Plumes planted their first crop. In a surprise attack at 6 a.m. on August 24, 2000, federal agents, armed with guns and weed whackers, chopped the plants down in the same manner they would use to eradicate marijuana. "

I just saw this documentary. It combines two often inflammatory subjects that I find very interesting. Native American rights that may or may not trump state or federal law and the use of industrial hemp which is to marijuana what a tiny inedible crabapple is to a sweet, juicy red delicious.

I thought hemp was already legal? I once had a hemp necklace.

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Fight on my tan little buddies!

I had a hemp necklace once.

EDIT: So did the guy above me.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Hemp is legal...It is probably not legal to grow in the U.S. though.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

because there is no test for the content % of THC inside maryjane plants.. it is impossible to determine if those 50 plants over there are hemp, or just low grade
    maryjowanna.

growing hemp has soooo many +'s and so very few -'s that it's suprising they arn't allowing it now. the trick is that the feds can't just give up the war on drugs.. even if we have a multi front with the war on terror.. so they can't just allow for anyone to grow, as there might be a few non hempfull sticky buddy plants in the mix..

ohh.. just legalize it all.. tax it and let them grow what they wish!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"digital420" wrote:
    because there is no test for the content % of THC inside maryjane plants.. it is impossible to determine if those 50 plants over there are hemp, or just low grade
    maryjowanna.

growing hemp has soooo many +'s and so very few -'s that it's suprising they arn't allowing it now. the trick is that the feds can't just give up the war on drugs.. even if we have a multi front with the war on terror.. so they can't just allow for anyone to grow, as there might be a few non hempfull sticky buddy plants in the mix..

DiGiTaL
    It would make my life a hell of a lot easier, I know that much.

Busting people with dimebags just doesn't even seem worth the 30 minutes of the officers time.
    It should be completely decriminalized.
    Canada has something going for it.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

They don't need hemp, they have payotee.

"digital420" wrote:
    maryjowanna.

DiGiTaL
    "THC is present in all Cannabis plant varieties to some extent. In varieties grown for use as a drug, where males are removed in order to prevent fertilization, THC levels can reach as high as 20-30% in the unfertilized females which are given ample room to flower.

In hemp varieties grown for seed or fibre use, the plants are grown very closely together and a very dense biomass product is obtained, rich in oil from the seeds and fibre from the stalks and low in THC content. EU and Canadian regulations limit THC content to 0.3% in industrial hemp." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemp#THC_in_hemp

Also, the fact that virtually all marijuana now sold is from female plants that have had the boys pulled to reduce seeds and increase THC, you can see why the quote in my original post holds true which is that marijuana among hemp is quickly diluted so as to become useless
    to someone wanting to get high within one or two generations. Not to mention the fact that the hemp gets so much taller than the marijuana, the m-j will not thrive or will die from lack of sun.
    Have I ever told you what an outstanding humanitarian I am?

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    They don't need hemp, they have payotee.
    Oh, like the stuff you accused me of using?
    :P

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Hemp is such a renuable resource, it's too bad that we don't utilize it for more things like paper, and just keep cutting down our forest which destoy's whole eco-systems. Although forest management has improved, you can't deny that hemp has many uses.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast