JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

My Terrible Weekend

I got off work about 5:30 Friday. Things were going great, I went to the gym and did some light weightlifting. I hurt my shoulder a couple weeks ago, so I was just trying to get a feel for where it's at right now, and I got a good workout. After about 45 mins at the gym, I went to pick up my son, as I do most every Friday. I pick him up, start back to my apartment. We get there and play with his toys, and I make mac & cheese to eat and he actually eats his whole bowl (a somewhat rare feat for my 2 year old). I give him a bath, put him in hi PJ's and we lounge around watching 'toons as he calls them, Spongebob and something else. I went to bed and things were going great.

Saturday morning I wake up things are still good. I have to go to the bank, though, because I haven't yet received the ATM card that I went to the bank on Aug 13 to get, b/c mine expires on 9/26 (On 8/13 they said it would be about 7-10 business days, I still have nothing which is why I was going Saturday). They told me my address was changed in my profile, but they still had my old address as the mailing address, so my card was sent to the wrong address. I asked if I could get a temporary card to use until I get the new one, considering my card's about to expire. He gives me a card and says it's an ATM card, not the normal check card that can also be used as a credit card, and says that's the best they can do for now, but it will work with checking and savings. After I left the bank, I pulled around to the ATM and tried it, it didn't work, I tried my old card, it didn't work. These first attempts wer simply to transfer my savings balance to checking so I could w/draw $ for my Minnesota trip coming up this weekend. But I got a receipt from each of my cards saying invalid. I thought, well maybe they cancelled the one, and it takes a couple hours to activate the other one. This was not the case as I tried at that ATM and another location of that bank's ATM later in the day and each time my cards were rejected as being not valid.

All week, I'd been telling my son that we were going to "Tiger Town", a local park that he loves. So, of course it rains all day Saturday, and we never actually get a chance to go to the park. Also, upon his waking up, I asked if he wanted toast sticks for breakfast, for which he was initially ecstatic, repeating "toast sticks, daddy" back to me at least 5 times.
    When his toast sticks were ready and I picked him up and put him in his chair to eat, he threw a fit, and would not eat, he wanted to watch rugrats. All weekend, he would not eat real food, begging for spongebob candy, donuts, and cookies. Also I think NO is definitely his favorite word at this time. We went to my parents' house for a little while so I could do laundry and he could see his Grandma and Grandpa and spend some time with his cousin, my niece Taylor, who was there earlier in the day when I'd called. Of course, when we got there, my sister had taken her home, so he was upset about that. And then his grandparents, being typical grandparents, gave him spongebob candy and cookies. Once my laundry was done, we left and went to my sister's so Tyler could see Taylor. At this point it was kind of late, so we only stayed for 30-45 mins, most of which was spent listening to my sister and her boyfriend argue while the kids played. I then went home and gave Tyler his bath, let him watch some cartoons and some Baby Einstein before putting him to bed. I went to bed about 5 mins behind him, same as I did Friday night, because I was pretty tired by that point. After my rough Saturday, I knew I could look forward to watching my Vikings play Sunday.

Sunday morning, Tyler wakes up cranky. He wants donuts, I don't even have donuts. I get him dressed in sweats and an undershirt, as I try to put his Culpepper jersey on he's not having it. Eventually, he chose to wear his John Randle jersey. So, we're sitting there watching pregames, I've got both my TV's set up, Vikes/Bengals on one, Lions/Bears on the other. They go to Bill Maas and Sam Rosen who mention something about a 12th consecutive sellout and then go to commercial. The other games does at the same time, but when the other game came back it went to a black screen for the Vikes, it says to check your local fox, I do, and it's Eagles/49ers which is also available on my one of my sunday ticket channels. I try 4 times to call and see what the heck is going on, but every time I get through 8 menus of automation and it starts to transfer me to a person, it says my call cannot be connected. Then, I try twice more and it's busy. I think, okay, maybe the games on cable, I'll call some people that I know have cable and have them check the channel. I call my friend Erik, straight to voicemail, I try my parents, no answer, I try my oldest sister, no answer, I try my youngest sister, no answer, I try my friend Jerad, no answer, I try my parents again, no answer, I try my oldest sister again, she answers, and says it's on cable. So, I know it's on cable and I start to my parents house, I get there to see them go down 17-0. And I think most of you know how the rest of the game went. Then, mid 4th qtr, I can't watch anymore, so I head home. Tyler starts his crankiness and fussing again. Finally, I convince him to eat spongebob mac & cheese, but he's pissed b/c it's not ready yet. As it's cooking, my buzzer rings, it's his grandma to pick him up and take him back to his mom's (she was still at work, and I have him on the weekends and I watch him on Tues and Thurs). At this point, after being ticked at me all weekend, he gets clingy and won't let go of me. I finally get his arms pried from around my neck and he goes out to the car with his Grandma. I hate when he leaves like that, because I won't get to see him again until Tuesday. Then, my girlfriend calls from work, and asks me to look for her address book. I start looking for it, and knock over just about everything on her dest in the process. At this point, I can't take it anymore, so I get in my car and head to the drivethru and buy a 6-pack of tallboys with quarters, since I can't get to the money I have in the bank.

So, as I sat there flipping between Dazed and Confused, the Chiefs/Raiders game, Van Wilder, and Wild Things 2, I consume my beer, actually looking forward to coming to work today, simply because the weekend is over.

I apologize for ranting and raving, and I doubt anyone wants to read that, but I just had to get it out of my system. At least I've got my health, and my Minnesota trip is now just 4 DAYS AWAY!!!
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: My Terrible Weekend

All that and you didn't even get laid after the Vikes lost???

Man, your weekend DID suck!!!

But at least you got to be with your little boy...NOTHING can ever beat that...no matter how bad the surrounding circumstances are!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

"cajunvike" wrote:

But at least you got to be with your little boy...NOTHING can ever beat that...no matter how bad the surrounding circumstances are!
    Wow, I didn't think anyone would even read, let alone respond to that. Yeah, I think my son (who turns 3 in december) is just getting a late start on the terrible 2's, he's usually very well behaved and doesn't throw a lot of fits. Still nice to be able to spend time with him, though. There was just a lot more headaches involved.

I actually did get laid Sunday morning (like 4 am, then I woke up and watched TV until about 6 and went back to sleep, I actually woke up like that last sunday morning too - I've got to quit that), and I did get some this morning also.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Classic ... lol. Ya just gotta love life sometimes. I gotta bunch like that also JDogg ... but I already think i have carpel tunnel so I don't type them out .... Which reminds me, I've been thinking about looking into that voice -> typing software .... anyone know anything about that???

Best of luck to ya man.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"JDogg926" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:

Wow, I didn't think anyone would even read, let alone respond to that. Yeah, I think my son (who turns 3 in december) is just getting a late start on the terrible 2's, he's usually very well behaved and doesn't throw a lot of fits. Still nice to be able to spend time with him, though. There was just a lot more headaches involved.

I actually did get laid Sunday morning (like 4 am, then I woke up and watched TV until about 6 and went back to sleep, I actually woke up like that last sunday morning too - I've got to quit that), and I did get some this morning also.
    See...your weekend was better than you thought!!! And next weekend will be even better!!! Vikes will win, you will be at the game in MN...and I am sure that the "fringe benefits" will come your way as well again this weekend!!! :grin:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Maybe that's what I have to do. Have a little boy to consume my time in other ways!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

lol the only highlite i had was my gators winning...and thats where it stops.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"JDogg926" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:

He is getting old enough to start testing his boundaries, if you give in to him he will control you. If he knows that if he starts to cry you give in (and he gets his way), you are doomed.

Let him through a fit until he has a sore throat and gets sick of crying (very tough to do). And tell him that you have the final say what happens, and your time will be better.

Flat out tell him that you are the parent, and he is a child.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.