Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: My Sympathies to KG

I would hate to see him leave, But seeing so many selfish people win the championship is annoying. I really want to see him on a championship team and if the Wolves won't give him one, I would let him go somewhere else.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"Benet" wrote:
    Kevin McHale needs to be taken outside, given a cigarette and blindfold, and shot.

The man is a god-awful GM. He struck it lucky with KG and Stephon Marbury but then has managed to screw up EVERY SINGLE DRAFT.

He traded away Sam Cassell and a first round pick for Marko Jaric!!

Yes, I know the Cassell and Sprewell experiment worked for one year, but they were both old and selfish. I like the look of Rashad McCants, if only he gets more confident and shoots more. Ricky Davis, I also like. But something is missing.

Get rid of McHale and bring in somebody who can run a draft, and it'll all fall into place.

A couple good FA moves and the t-wolves are on their way. They have an incredible forward in KG, a great G/F in Davis, a project at G in McCants.. If they bring in a solid PG and a great center they will be a championship caliber team. The only problem is that McHale will never do shit for the organization.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

McHale's T-Wolves

D.Marshall/R.Allen Trade then a few years later get rid of Marshall too. Yes, we drafted Ray Allen and traded him to the Bucks.

Garnett-Marbury - Marbury forces way out, doesn't want to play in Midwest, wants to be back in the big-market east coast where he already has Star Power. Extra local endorsements, yadda yadda yadda, still a good player who has made an AVERAGE impact on every team he has been on in the NBA.

Joe Smith - got ourselves in trouble by paying the guy (averages 12.5 ppg and 7.2 rpg) under the table. We lost our first round picks for like 3 or 4 years because the NBA finds out. Then, last year we finally get a first round pick, McCants, then we make a trade with the Celtics this season and give up our first rounder for next year. WTF

Sprewell/Cassell - I think this was a great thing at first glance. McHale tried to bring in some of the best talent in FA. McHale tried to help KG advance in the playoffs. Things were clicking all year. We made it to the West Finals, but Sammy's body just couldn't hold out. Next year the same, Sammy sat because of injury and his attitude towards McHale who had refused to pay him and give him a longer contract.

Candy/Wally - gone! Not to sad about this one, just seems like we gave up a lot more than they did. Once again, MN gets screwed. It looks like we are trying to groom Banks????

Flip - GONE! This is one of the things that bothers me the most. Flip, not KG, was the reason that the Twolves got to the point, even the years leading up to the Spree/Sam run, where the wolves were consistantly defending the home court and winning above .500 for the season. He had them mentally ready every night. Flip is a great coach, glad he is having success in DET. I wasn't implying that KG didn't help Flip but only that a good coach can make the difference in being above or below .500.

What is next for the Wolves?

Yep. McHale needs to leave. That is the some whole of what the T-wolves need to do. I do like Rikki Davis if he can improve. McCants has a lot of upside. I am not sure if Banks can be the future. He has moments of brillance than he sucks.

We need to be gone of McHale.
    We can solve poverty today.

vikes4lyfe is offline Starter

I think the LAKERS should make a trade for him.

KOBE AND KG UNSTOPPABLE AND WOULD WIN SOME RINGS

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

KG and Kobe wouldn't get along. KG is about winning with the help of teammates. I have a feeling that Kobe's me-first attitude would get on his nerves. Kobe's a great player and all, but he's not a good player to build a team around. He can carry a mediocre team to the playoffs, but that team will lose once they face a well-rounded and defensively sound team.

And not even the Lakers would be able to afford both KG and Kobe.

BTW, isn't the first-round pick that they traded lottery protected? That's what I heard, and from the looks of it, the T-Wolves are going to make it into the lottery.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I'm a big KG fan.. He never gives anything less the 100 percent.. And even when his teammates don't, he doesn't get flusted.. He is just a humble guy..

I would be sad to see him go.. But if he happened to get traded I wouldn't be upset.. I would love to see him traded to a playoff contender team..

A better route would be to pick up a FA or 2..

DEEP PURPLE is offline Starter

"snowinapril" wrote:
    McHale's T-Wolves

D.Marshall/R.Allen Trade then a few years later get rid of Marshall too. Yes, we drafted Ray Allen and traded him to the Bucks.
    RayRay was traded for Marbury
    If I hear Michelle Bonner say "He works that one to right" one more time, I m getting on a plane for Bristol, going to the ESPNEWS set, and ripping out her vocal cords.

sirweeze is offline Starter

It completely baffles me that McHale is still around. How do you not get canned after the Joe Smith thing? I mean, five first rounders for Joe Smith? Really? Joe freaking Smith?

In terms of personnel, what they need now are the same things they've needed for years: a compliment for KG inside, and a fearless point guard who plays the position the way its supposed to be played (think Steve Nash or Chris Paul)

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I agree Sirweeze..

Marcus Banks is alright.. But he has alot to learn.. Pick up a good vet and mold Banks into a true PG..

We could use a center badly.. We need some paint presence..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast