Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

Re: MY REVIEW OF 300, THE MOVIE.

I don't think this movie was supposed to be absolutely historically accurate, especially considering the whole ancient story Battle of Thermopylae (300 vs a billion trillion) sounds a little far fetched anyways.
    Frank Miller was also the one who did Sin City.
    His work is amazingly artistic and creative.
    But yes I have read criticism of the dialogue.
    Keep in mind it is an Action movie, and I havn't seen an action movie yet without crappy dialogue. EVER!

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

goImpalas is offline Waterboy

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    To all my fellow purplepriders,

PLEASE DO NOT GO SEE 300!!!

If you must go see it, buy a ticket for a different movie and go watch 300.
    This movie is garbage.
    It seems like the director watched gladiator and braveheart and decided ok, I make one just like that using the same lines.
    The movie is historically very inaccurate and the dialoge is just a disaster.
    I was very dissapointed and I am thinking about never going back to the movies again.

Thats how bad it was.
    You are a idiot and should probably never go to the movies ever for anything if u thought this movie was bad.
    [IMG]hxxp: hxxp: img159.
    imageshack.
    us/img159/4263/img10021895gr2.
    jpg[/img]

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I didn't really want to see it in the first place, now I know I don't want to see it!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

I saw it and i think it was awsome... and so does the 15 people i went with.. and it definatly revolutionized the way movies will be made in the future.... it was awsome..

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Hmm, completely different view points on a movie, that'd be weird! lol

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

"michaelmazid" wrote:

If you must go see it, buy a ticket for a different movie and go watch 300. This movie is garbage. It seems like the director watched gladiator and braveheart and decided ok, I make one just like that using the same lines.
    I was very dissapointed and I am thinking about never going back to the movies again.

Thats how bad it was.

Do you even know where the movie came from? What its based upon? I bet the only thing you knew was the same guy who did Sin City, made 300.Thats about it right?
    300 was an amazing movie.From the graphics to the story,all around great.
    Its not a biography or even based on real events.Its a comic book story turned into a film.

Sorry mazid I dont agree with your review.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

OnlyVikes is offline Rookie

"Billy" wrote:
    I don't think this movie was supposed to be absolutely historically accurate, especially considering the whole ancient story Battle of Thermopylae (300 vs a billion trillion) sounds a little far fetched anyways.
    It was actually 300 Spartans plus about another 6,000 assorted Greeks against arguably an army of between 200,000 and 2 million. Also, it did actually happen so it isn't far fetched at all, especially the part where the Greeks took 110,000 of the Persian army with them.

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"OnlyVikes" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:
    It was actually 300 Spartans plus about another 6,000 assorted Greeks against arguably an army of between 200,000 and 2 million. Also, it did actually happen so it isn't far fetched at all, especially the part where the Greeks took 110,000 of the Persian army with them.
    Good lord, I just don't know how that possible.
    Now you have forced me to look into this.
    Crazy stuff.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

"michaelmazid" wrote:

If you must go see it, buy a ticket for a different movie and go watch 300. This movie is garbage. It seems like the director watched gladiator and braveheart and decided ok, I make one just like that using the same lines.

Thats how bad it was.
    Don't listen to this man at all, this movie was amazing. I even saw it with two Greeks, who held the movie to higher standards than most, and they loved it.

aceclown is offline Coach

"goImpalas" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:

If you must go see it, buy a ticket for a different movie and go watch 300.
    This movie is garbage.
    It seems like the director watched gladiator and braveheart and decided ok, I make one just like that using the same lines.

Thats how bad it was.
    You are a idiot and should probably never go to the movies ever for anything if u thought this movie was bad.
    Take it easy man, everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    Here's a few "idiots" who think this film was bad

"Snyder's 300 certainly has its share of the latest toys, but they make for a better coming-attractions trailer than a full-length theatrical film."
    Kenneth Turan
    Los Angeles Times

"Keeping in mind Slate's Mickey Kaus' Hitler Rule -- never compare anything to Hitler -- it isn't a stretch to imagine Adolf's boys at a 300 screening, heil-fiving each other throughout and then lining up to see it again."
    Kyle Smith
    New York Post

"300 is about as violent as Apocalypto and twice as stupid."
    A.O. Scott
    New York Times

"There's a stale, synthetic airlessness about the movie. Imagine a large cast trapped in a series of spectacular screensavers. It could be ancient Greece. It could be somebody's hard drive."
    Wesley Morris
    Boston Globe

These are just a handful of snippets of reviews from "idiots" who are among the most regarded film critics in the nation.
    Might as well break the news to them about never seeing a movie again.

Chuch.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast