Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: My Project today..

Nice job pack, lots of hard work there...thanks for checking in and sharing the pics.

May you have many wonderful years there watching the Purple whup the Pack... ;D
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Is it a Wausau or Marshfield?
    Or one of those built in Prairie Du Chein?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"SKOL" wrote:
    That's great Pack.
    Congratz.
    Looks like a great spot too, wooded lot with a great view.

Thanks for dropping in, and providing pics, on your busy day.
    At least out the backside. For all we know he could be taking the picture from a busy street.
    :P

Do you own enough land around it so that a few years from now other houses won't be popping up all around you?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Excellent stuff Pack.
    Congrats on the new home.
    May you and yours have lots of memories in it.

Now go out and get some sod on that ground for the sheep.

;D
    So is this gonna be another one of those polygamy cult compounds that the Feds will be raiding in about 10 years or so?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Jilly is offline Coach

Very nice Pack!
    Hopefully all the work will be complete by September 8th so you can sit down on that comfy couch and watch the Vikings crush the Packers on the big screen.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    Do you own enough land around it so that a few years from now other houses won't be popping up all around you?
    Own about 10 acres surrounding the house.. we are about 125 feet off the road and nobody can build within about 150 feet on either side.. spring feed pond in the back of the property.. the front lot is just under 4 acres.

Thanks all.. it is build in Marshfield at MidWisconsin homes.. very solidly built.. think stick built indoor in a controlled environment.. I like doing all of the work myself, but with football season quickly approaching it is cramping my fanhood.
    ;D

Less than two weeks til the clash.. can't wait.

"pack93z" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Own about 10 acres surrounding the house.. we are about 125 feet off the road and nobody can build within about 150 feet on either side.. spring feed pond in the back of the property.. the front lot is just under 4 acres.

Thanks all.. it is build in Marshfield at MidWisconsin homes.. very solidly built.. think stick built indoor in a controlled environment.. I like doing all of the work myself, but with football season quickly approaching it is cramping my fanhood.
    ;D

Less than two weeks til the clash.. can't wait.
    Sounds like the kind of out fit that built my dads home. They were out of Prairie Du Chein. Design Homes of Wisconsin was the name I believe.

Although stick built in the factory with the inside walls all being 2x4's, several of the interior walls had the 2x4's turned sideways in the wall.

"Mr" wrote:
    And those are some cool pics Pack, looks like it should come out pretty nice.

If you don't mind me asking, and feel no obligation to answer this at all, how much does a mod-home like that go for?
    No Problem.. That particular house goes for about 98,000 for the house and we got a little bit of a deal on this one with the year being so slow in housing.. with myself and my father doing most of the work on the site and doing most of the utilities minus the plumbing, we will have about 120k in the house in the end.

We are going with a GeoThermal furnace (think a heat pump on roids) so that jacked the cost some.

Didn't think I would have ever bought a Mod home, but watching it being built in a controlled environment with preset squares in the process... I don't know if I would stick build one again.. done that three times between the parents house, cabin and uncles house one summer.. this home is just as solid in structure as any of the homes built on site minus dealing with the weather.

"singersp" wrote:
    Although stick built in the factory with the inside walls all being 2x4's, several of the interior walls had the 2x4's turned sideways in the wall.
    Watched the process.. no turned 2x4's.. but the only thing was the real wide wall down the center of the home.. slightly over 8" total with the two halves framed out seperately.. but with 4 2x12"'s bolted together on the belly.. pretty solid on the middle of the home.

Another concern is how much this home will settle after a winter.. we will see.

Thanks again all.. looking forward to meeting alot of you come Packers game in MN.

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

"IA" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "IA" wrote:
    LOL! LOL! LOL! Why the frick would a packer fan set this up for so many cliches?
    If you last here, you will find 93 to be very knowledgeable about football and respectful in his posts.
    I
    know that's hard to believe, but it's true.
    Dont give a rats silliness. My child has been verbally abused by packer fan. I have had personal property destroyed by packer fan. I will never respect packer fan. Yup I'm bitter and unforgivng.
    Are you racist, too? Holy crap...

You know, there are fans of all kinds, including Vikings fans, who have verbally abused people or have destroyed personal property...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast