triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

my own little survey

Alright guys... I have a question for you. Have any of you ever used an on-line booking site I.E. Orbitz, Expedia, or Travelocity for hotel reservations? And if so, have you ever cancelled one of those?

Policies are cleary stated when booking the reservation... how many people honestly think that those only apply to other people??

gpete13 is offline Starter

my own little survey

I have used them, but have not needed to cancel them.

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

my own little survey

I've used them many times, however have never
    cancelled.

Do people expect you to do cancelations after the
    24 hour thing? I'm sure there is a point to this.
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

my own little survey

haha yep... they think that they are above the penalties, I can't tell you how many calls a day I get about this! There are some circumstances obviously that warrant refunds, but on a general basis, what makes people think that it applies only to other people? anybody have guesses on this?

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

my own little survey

There was a song that says it well.
    The world is full of stupid people.

ie. look at all the Packer fans- HA
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

my own little survey

lol... thats it purplehorn!! you solved all my problems... from now on I'll just picture someone on the end of the line with a big hunk of cheese on their head and I'll realize they can't help but be stupid!!!

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

my own little survey

I've used a bunch of them. Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline to be specific. For airline, hotel, and rental cars, to varying degrees.

As far as airline tickets go, I (unfortunately) understand that when I buy a bottom-feeder fare, it is done with the understanding that there are either no refunds or changes allowed, or there may be changes for a fee. I wasn't aware that hotels booked through Travelocity and Orbitz had restrictions as far as cancelling rooms, though.

I did try to get some kind of refund from Hotwire a few years ago. My fiance (sp?) and I were going to drive to Atlanta, fly to Minnesota for a Vikings game, then fly back to Atlanta and vacation there for the rest of the week. Ten days before we were supposed to leave, I was involved in a serious head-on collision auto accident. I was hospitalized for the next two weeks, underwent about four surgeries during that time, and could not have traveled if I had wanted to. I hoped that I could have at least gotten a refund for my hotel in Atlanta, and even though I provided Hotwire with all the info they requested (doctor's letter, etc.), I never got a refund.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

my own little survey

that sucks... circumstances like that definately warrant a refund. I personally work for Orbitz and know that in circumstances like that we would fight tooth and nail for you on that one. Unfortunately sometimes the hotel is going to be charging us so we can't refund something that we have to pay for.

The one thing that I can say is... as long as you aren't going to need to change or cancel a reservation you'll get the cheapest deals booking online, but when you need to cancel or change thats where fees come into play, and thats when people get crabby!!