I might be the only one to like Urban Meyer because I am a HUGE fan of Gator football but here is a great article. Man I love his wit and demeanor.

Meyer Zings UM, Talks Recruiting In So. Florida
By Franz Beard GatorCountry.com
Date: May 17, 2005

CORAL GABLES --- A hard day on the recruiting trail in Dade County where he made no less than six stops on Monday did nothing to dull the razor sharp wit of Coach Urban Meyer Monday night. Upon finding out there were 17 Miami Hurricane fans in attendance, guests of a Florida alum, Meyer delivered a few well timed shots aimed straight at the "school down south."

Shortly into his speech at the Miami Gator Club, Meyer told the sellout crowd of 350 that "I'm not surprised at the enthusiasm and support from Gator Nation." Then he looked over at the Miami fans seated together over on the right side of the room and he said, "I mean it's not like that at your place … it's just not."

Meyer also said called the Miami fans in attendance "Gator wannabe fans" and when talking about Florida's academic standards compared to the local school of choice in Dade Country, he said "Florida is going after the one percent of the one percent. We're going after the best football players. We're going after the best students. If you're not a real good student, then save your 25 bucks and see if you can get in school someplace else."

Then, looking over at the Miami fans in attendance, he said, "I'm not going to apologize, I'm just going to keep taking the shots at you."

A very appreciative Gator crowd roared its approval at each of the little shots at the Hurricanes, but what got them revved up the most was Meyer's insistence that South Florida is now a prime recruiting ground for the University of Florida.

"We don't have enough kids from South Florida on our team so we're going to make a real push to come down here and get a couple of guys," he said. "The best players are in South Florida and the best coaches are in South Florida."

Prior to spending more than an hour signing autographs for the Gator fans, Meyer told the local media that South Florida has "as fine talent and speed as there is in anywhere in the country. You watch it on and it's faster than anywhere else in the country and then you get down here and watch it live and it's even faster. There's a bunch of great juniors down here, too. The next couple of years are going to be intriguing for Florida football down here."