Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: My day.. No, my WEEK SUCKS!

"Potus2028" wrote:
    So as you all may or may not remember, earlier last month, I had my appendix removed in Minnesota after it got ticked off while I was at a family reunion.. Well I can thank that for all my troubles!

-First off I missed a week off school. Which is a lot considering I'm in 5 AP classes.

-Make up work out the but! I was gone at the end of last month, and I still have one make up work assignment out.

-I can forget being exempt from finals (at our school, an attendence to grade ratio determines if one is exempt from finals or no)

-So now that I'm getting my make up work in, I know have regular school work to turn in, along with studying for finals. Three times the regular amount of work from other kids in my class who are exempt from finals.

AND TODAY SUCKED MAJOR!
    -Before school, I took two physics quizes, over the lessons which I of coursed missed, and only knew what I had picked up along the way

-1st period- History- My cold war essay was handed back to me by my teacher, he said it was the worst essay I've done all year, and need to redo it for a maximun of a 90, or else get the 70 he'd give me on the paper I turned into him.

-2nd perdiod- Pre-Calc- Took a test over derivitives. Not too hard, except we got problems that used derivitives in problem forms that we'd never seen before

3rd period- Jazz Band- possibly the only highlight to my day. My pride and joy (besides the vikings) is horn playing. And I got my braces out a few weeks ago, so now I suck at playing horn. I could go from 1st chair out of 50 horns in my region, to not placing at all next year.. SUCK

4th period- Spanish III- So the final for that is going to be a pain! Fill in the blank, and we've never had fill in the blank tests at all this year in there! I have to distinguish between when to use 'por' and 'para' in a sentence, not to mention, I have to know, in Spanish, the name of the Peninsula the Arabs occupied for 800 years until the Spanish took it over

----

which bring me to where I am now..

not wanting to read the book I still have to read for english (200 pages by tuesday)

and not wanting to do the history essay over again..

--

i'm not whining.. caus i know school is a lot of work.. but this sucks
    Ouch, I just took my AP test last tuesday, what classes were they for?

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

[size=18px]WAAAHHHH!!![/size]

If things at school are starting to pile up, maybe you should be doing your school work instead of visiting a football website.

Now before I get lit up here, I'm just giving you grief. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and it's called summer vacation. The pressure must be great but you sound like you're doing right and things will surely work out.

Keep that nose to the grindstone. :salute:

YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman

seeing how difficult the classes you have makes me feel like my classes are a breeze. i've only got 4 classes, 2 are art classes so there's really not much work getting done, i skip math since it's my first class(i'm passing it somehow) and i've got english, which my mark somehow goes up even though i do crappy work with no effort. i have no exams either because math is the only 1 with an exam and i'm exepmt because i've got +75%

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I'm a junior also, and it sucks, I've had a huge workload this year, I had the JRP a month long process with such an unnecessary amount of pre-writing, to write a 15 page paper. There is so much pressure here in my school, there is a 100% Graduation every year. I'd say around 50 kids in every graduating class go to an Ivy League school, and many of the others end up in fantastic non-Ivy schools.

Teachers and grades here are absolutely nuts. Except for a few teachers they all give tons of busy work so parents think that their kids are really being pushed to their "Academic Potential" and I fucking hate it. I have better things to do every afternoon and weekend than write essays and other nonsensical homework. The worst part is, all of these kids in my school take all honors and AP Courses, and get 1500 SATs have 4.00+ GPAs, but they don't know shit! I'm in one AP Class, European History, and the only reason I took it was to get a certain teacher, who is the best teacher I have ever had, and he gives hardly any work. I've learned 10x as much in his class than all of my others, and have done 90% less work. And the kids in this class, who get great marks, ask the dumbest questions, and have no idea how to think for themselves, everything they have ever learned has come out of a text book, or the mouth of a teacher. They have had no life experiences that teach them anything. And when I get a bad grade on something, and they try to talk shit and act all high and mighty, I remind them that I could seriously kick their asses, and then they shut their pretentious little sophmore mouths, or they get punched in it.

Potus, when teachers weigh you down with all of that work and stuff, don't worry so much about it, a C isnt the end of the world, and I don't think that it is worth stressing over and rewriting just to get a 90 instead.

Grades and most teachers grading systems are total BS, they test you not to see what you do know, but what you don't know, give senseless essays and homework assignments, and just don't care if you learn the material.

And, how many classes do you take? You said you had history, pre-calc(which I'm also in, I despise math), Physics, Jazz-Band, and Spanish III.
    That's 5 classes right there, plus Phys-ed and lunch 7, and 5 more APs, how many periods are in your school day? Here it's 9.
    And it's possible to be exempt from a final at your school? I'd actually consider working hard to not take a 2 hour exam.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, it;s just school, relax, enjoy it while you can.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

HAHA

I took all easy classes all the way thru high school..

Integrated math HAHA

same here. my course load is sooooooo easy i feel sorry for you mr.anderson and potus

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    HAHA

I took all easy classes all the way thru high school..

Integrated math HAHA
    I took the integrated math too Vikez, math was not my strongest subject ops:

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

well...

i've got
    A DAY
    american history
    pre-cal
    jazz band
    spanish III
    B DAY
    enlgish III
    Teachers assistant
    physics
    band

true that.. its almost over

next year is gunna be a sinch for me..
    enlgish IV
    BCIS (a computer class)
    health
    jazz band
    band
    a teachers assistant
    music theory

and by the way.. i only took one AP test.. my enlgish ap test
    i m better than you, so just give up...

i guess canada's difrent because there's 5 periods a day, each lasting 65min. so my 4 classes still take up the majority of the day

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

well, each school does it different
    i m better than you, so just give up...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast