Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My Brother...

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: My Brother...

I'm very sorry to hear about this WBL. I have a similar situation with my younger brother, but he was younger when we found out what was going on (a junior in high school). He is now in the military and that has been a great thing for him. They straightened him up and now he's turned out to be a pretty good citizen. Hopefully your brother will pull through this and come out alright. Be there to support him and help him in any way that you can on his road to recovery!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

bono is offline Hall of Famer

VikeBabe,
    My prayers are with you and your family.
    Keep your head up...never giving satan anything to cheer about.
    Everything will be all right!
    BonoSugaRay Golden
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

i hope for the best for you guys, i'll keep you in my prayers.
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

Sorry to hear that WBL. Your family will be in my prayers.
    As the wife of a recovering alcoholic, I can say there is nothing you can do to stop him. He has to hit his bottom before he will admit he has a problem. I will pray with your family that it is not to late when this happens.
    Just let him know you love him, and he can come to you when he's ready for treatment.
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach

I have the same scenario with my nephew. He is 22 and has no path in life. He is hung up in drugs and will not listen to any of us. I have had friends do the same and as hard as it is, they have to hit botttom but they do figure it out. Don't lose hope and I will pray for you.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Sorry to hear about your tough times with your brother and hope he sees the light and smartens up, I know it can be terrible to watch a loved one do things so stupid but not realize the harm they do to themselves and family. I've had some similar problems with my oldest son in the past year and will keep you and your family in my prayers.

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Thank you so much everyone for the kind words! It's been an emotional rollercoaster this past week, and I know it's going to be a long road ahead. So thanks for the prayers and I will continue to keep you all updated.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Sorry to hear about this wbl. Hopefully he will get things back on track.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    Hey everyone, I wasn't going to start a thread about this, but I figure the more people who know the more people can pray about it and support me through this. And while there are some of you who I don't know, I do kind of consider this place an "online family" if you will. My family just recently found out that my brother has been using and selling drugs and it has been really hard on all of us. My parents have told him he can either stay at home and go to treatment or he was not welcome, he chose to leave. He's 19, so he's an adult but he doesn't think he needs treatment and whatever drugs he's on have made him a completely different person. He has anger issues, is constantly paranoid, is not thinking straight and overall is just not the same person. Today my dad tried to bring him to counseling but he ran away from the place in downtown Minneapolis and we don't know where he went. My family has been very blessed over the years we've never really had anything like this happen but it is just a very hard situation for all of us because we don't really know what do do for him at this point. I am not writing this for advice from people, but I just wanted to let you all know so you can keep him and my family in your prayers. Also some of you have maybe been wondering why I have not been posting as often and that is why. So thanks everyone for being here for me, I know this is a place where I can come to just forget about stuff and I thank you all for making this site what it is.

Hey sweetheart, it will be ok.. As a person that went through this, all I can say is let it work itself out. When my second oldest brother was 17, he was addicted to cocaine, and heroin.. This put a huge strain on our family life as he was a totally different person while on drugs.. It will get better. The problem bing, it will only get better when he chooses to get help. My brother went through that for almost 5 years hitting rock bottom. My brother has been stabbed, and shot in his life. I am glad he is still here to talk about his ordeal.

You know I am here for you WBL. If you ever need to talk, just pm me, or go on IM. I will help you through anything that I can. It will take its toll on your family, but please trust me when I say it will get better as soon as he gets help. Let us know how everything goes, and if you need to talk with someone that has experienced this before, just hollar..

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

WBL my heart goes out to you and your family and I hope that your brother finds himself and realizes what really is important in life, and that getting high is only hiding from what really is wrong. I hope that he comes to understand that selling drugs can only lead to bad things, maybe short term money but with long term consequences.

I also hope that this turns out for the best for you and your family, but unfortunately I have seen it go both ways and it will be hard on your family either way. The best thing your family can do is try and help, but if he does not want help it will make no difference because only he can ultimately help himself.

You and your family need to rely on each other for support and as much as you love your brother his actions are not you or your family's fault. This is the hardest part, you might have to let him go and hope that someday he returns to you healthy and clean.

I did not mean to sound uncaring, but I have seen this quite a few times and it can tear a family apart but it doesn't have to.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast