Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bono is offline Hall of Famer

My boss on Quite Frankly!!!!

Hey,
    Anyone catch Friday night's showing of Quite Frankly? (just went off at 11:30 central time). My boss, Garry D. Howard (Milwaukee Journal Sentinel-Sports Department) was on! He's so very funny!! I'm at work right now, so I was only able to catch a glimpse of the final moments of the show, when he got to have his 'last word'. He was talking about the NBA and its players fighting vs. the NHL and its players fighting. He stated that NHL fans expect that behavior out of its players, but not in the black-dominated NBA. He had a few words for guys like Denver Nuggets forward, Carmelo Anthony: "Learn how to skate, baby!" The fans on the show all clapped very loud after he said that. He's so hilarious!!!!
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: My boss on Quite Frankly!!!!

No, didn't get a chance to watch it today.. What is it that you do? You may have said it before, but I have never seen it..

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"He's so very..."

you had to post it twice!

Quite funny, old chap. Your boss is clearly a rapscallion and mischievous little bugger. I'm just pickled as punch to hear about his devilish comments on the double standard imposed upon the "black-dominated" NBA. Jolly good show.

Cheerio!

I work for the Sports Department of Wisconsin's largest daily newspaper: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. I've been there for a little over four years. I also do freelance for America's number one Green Bay Packer Publication: Packer Plus. Maybe you've heard of it? Garry D. Howard is my Journal Sentinel boss, while Richard "Poof" Pufall is my Packer Plus boss. Both are pretty cool jobs! Anyways...yeah, Howard was on Quite Frankly (it's a sports talk show that comes on espn)...Steven A. Smith is the host. I'm not the biggest fan of Smith, but you wouldn't catch my exclaiming it for, my boss, Howard is friends with the guy (I found this out a while back when I was telling "Poof" how I didn't like the guy..."Poof" stated in a joking manor that I better not let Mr. Howard hear me say that
    because, he and Smith are good friends).

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"bono" wrote:
    I work for the Sports Department of Wisconsin's largest daily newspaper: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. I've been there for a little over four years. I also do freelance for America's number one Green Bay Packer Publication: Packer Plus. Maybe you've heard of it? Garry D. Howard is my Journal Sentinel boss, while Richard "Poof" Pufall is my Packer Plus boss. Both are pretty cool jobs! Anyways...yeah, Howard was on Quite Frankly (it's a sports talk show that comes on espn)...Steven A. Smith is the host. I'm not the biggest fan of Smith, but you wouldn't catch my exclaiming it for, my boss, Howard is friends with the guy (I found this out a while back when I was telling "Poof" how I didn't like the guy..."Poof" stated in a joking manor that I better not let Mr. Howard hear me say that

Cool, it sounds like you are a VIP at your job.. Steven A. Smith is kinda on the weird side, and I don't exactly like him myself... I do however like watching his show for the player interviews.. He has to have something going for him right?

I wouldn't call myself V.I.P., but I do get a lot of respect around the office! For example, during last night's shift, my boss, Garry Howard and one of the other guys was shooting some hoops (yeah, shooting hoops...playing basketball...Howard has a basketball rim attached right next to his office; my desk just so happens to be right next to his office)...and the ball rolled under my desk...folks were expecting me to pick it up and give hand it over...I didn't (I was working!)...so, Garry Howard told one of the guys sitting near my desk (who was enjoying the "game") to get the ball...he suggested that I get; Garry snapped on him (in a friendly way, but snapped nonetheless) and told him I wasn't getting nothing, b/c I was veteran here, and as long as he (the guy near my desk, who has only been working at the Journal for no more than six months) was here, I didn't have to do anything! That made me feel good (i.e. to know that Garry Howard felt that way about me!). But, naw, I don't feel like a VIP.

T Dogg is offline Rookie

I don't particularly enjoy Stephen A. Smith but he looks like a genius in comparison to ESPN's other talk show host, Jim Rome.
    Jim Rome is an idiot.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"bono" wrote:
    I wouldn't call myself V.I.P., but I do get a lot of respect around the office! For example, during last night's shift, my boss, Garry Howard and one of the other guys was shooting some hoops (yeah, shooting hoops...playing basketball...Howard has a basketball rim attached right next to his office; my desk just so happens to be right next to his office)...and the ball rolled under my desk...folks were expecting me to pick it up and give hand it over...I didn't (I was working!)...so, Garry Howard told one of the guys sitting near my desk (who was enjoying the "game") to get the ball...he suggested that I get; Garry snapped on him (in a friendly way, but snapped nonetheless) and told him I wasn't getting nothing, b/c I was veteran here, and as long as he (the guy near my desk, who has only been working at the Journal for no more than six months) was here, I didn't have to do anything! That made me feel good (i.e. to know that Garry Howard felt that way about me!). But, naw, I don't feel like a VIP.
    So what your saying is your boss treats newer employees like crap?

Wwould it have killed you to reach down & give the ball back? I'm sure it would have taken a whole 5 seconds out of your evening. Or do you think you are above doing that kind of thing?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"bono" wrote:
    So you work for D-I-C-K Poof of Packer Plus....makes sense to me...I guess that makes you a poof-ter!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "bono" wrote:
    So what your saying is your boss treats newer employees like crap?

Wwould it have killed you to reach down & give the ball back? I'm sure it would have taken a whole 5 seconds out of your evening. Or do you think you are above doing that kind of thing?
    He couldn't pick the ball up because me might sprain a typing finger.
    Sports writers are usually the one picked last on the playground.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast