Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Boss

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: My Boss

Work is not meant for surfing the web, your wasting someone's time and money. Bosses do what they want. mine sleeps in his office all day.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

He was probably just pissed because you were looking at NBA stuff. No one likes the NBA.

Tarkenator is offline Training Camp

Hmm... I wonder how upset Brad Childress would be if he caught his OC checking stock reports on his palm pilot during a game? For that matter how upset would we all be? Just a thought. :twisted:

As to the OP, my suggestion would be to (instead of getting angry) take advantage of the fact that your supervisor is somewhat lacking in dedication to his own position. Work your rear-end off and try to take his position from him on merit.

Trust me, he will hurt more (and longer) from that than a black eye.
    "Puntalee-wuntalee, yesiree-bob!"

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Tarkenator" wrote:
    Hmm... I wonder how upset Brad Childress would be if he caught his OC checking stock reports on his palm pilot during a game? For that matter how upset would we all be? Just a thought. :twisted:

As to the OP, my suggestion would be to (instead of getting angry) take advantage of the fact that your supervisor is somewhat lacking in dedication to his own position. Work your rear-end off and try to take his position from him on merit.

It's the same as Jim Mora using a cell phone during the game, go have someone find out your info for you.

Hehe, not quite.

At least Mora's call was "work related" even though against policy.

From Yahoo sports:

"With the Falcons and Buccaneers tied 24-24 late in overtime on Dec. 24, Mora knew Dallas had won at Carolina and that Washington was leading the New York Giants by 15 points.

Victories by the Cowboys and Redskins earlier that day meant that an Atlanta loss would eliminate the Falcons from the NFC playoff race, but Mora was unsure if they could remain in contention by tying Tampa Bay.

He (Mora) used a cell phone in an attempt to contact team officials and seek clarification on Atlanta's status. "

Might wanna hire an info checker for yourself.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Tarkenator" wrote:

i'm pretty sure the market's closed sunday. :wink:

Lmao, touche!

Could be a Monday night game though. :wink:

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"damien927" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    They pay you to do your job, not surf the net & be on forums during work hours.

I hope you don't have a government job where my tax dollars are paying for you to surf.

My company scans all our PC's several times an hour to see which sites people are on. If it's not work related, it's grounds for dismissal. :wink:
    Do you post on PPO while at work then?
    Never during work hours.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    They pay you to do your job, not surf the net & be on forums during work hours.

I hope you don't have a government job where my tax dollars are paying for you to surf.

My company scans all our PC's several times an hour to see which sites people are on. If it's not work related, it's grounds for dismissal. :wink:

You must not work much then Singers.. You beat us all at posting articles, and the amount of posts per day.. :grin: :wink:
    I work 40 hours per week or more per week, 8:00-4:30.

I just get up early in the morning & spend 2 hours on PP.O. to deliver you the news before going to work.

All my posts are done in the morning, evening, weekends or on a day of vacation.

Let's see Cajun try to post only during those times. :wink:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

My boss just got transferred to a department affectionately known as the "Burial Ground." While he used to annoy the piss outta me, I sadly started to get on with him before he informed me of the transfer. Shamefully I wished he'd get sacked, but now he's come across as an okay guy I feel kinda guilty. Oh well.. He used to spend his time on MSN and doing little work, much like me!

And my boss above him has been transferred as well! Now he (my boss's boss) is a right prick. No idea of the processes of the business and no man-management skills AT ALL.

I want a new job.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast