Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

Musical Announcement (This thread's not for you, Animal!)

Although undoubtedly the greatest band of all time (disagree with me and you DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), the Who have not released a new album since the 1982 crapfest It's Hard. Well, that's probably going to end up changing sometime in the next year or two (Pete Townshend's been kinda vague on the details). But from the looks of this video (off of some low-rated internet broadcast or something), this new album actually might NOT SUCK. It might be better than anything else the Who (or Townshend for that matter) has released since Moon died (it'd better be - Pete says that he's narrowed down over 7000 songs that he's written over various years down to a group of about 20, which will probably be further whittled down). It's not as good as the stuff from their halcyon years, but what is? I'll tell you what: NOTHING. As far as new material by classic rock bands goes, this is great $hit.

Anyway, this is an excerpt from a mini-opera that's going to be on the album. It's awesome, but I sure hope Roger's going to be singing it. Although Pete was quite a respectable vocalist back in the day, his voice is sounding a bit, um...well, maybe it's just because he's focusing on playing the guitar part. It is one sweet-@$$ guitar part (and I'll bet it will sound even better in the studio version, which will be electric rather than acoustic). It involves the Who, so, Animal, if you post in this thread, I know you won't have anything good to say, so please refrain from making any posts of any kind in this thread. To anyone on this board, if you don't like it, BURN IN HELL!!!

Pick Up the Peace

(Note: This is a link to a site that HAS the video. You can't link to it directly).

Oh, and try to ignore the weird chick sitting behind him. And the other one next to him. They're, um...I don't know what's wrong with them...but...they apparently have been posessed by the lamest demons in the universe or something. One of them is Pete's gf Rachel Fuller, but I'm not sure which one.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Re: Musical Announcement (This thread's not for you, Animal!)

BUMPED AFTER 5 AGONIZING MINUTES OF SILENCE!!!!!!!

YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman

i don't listen to the who, but AC/DC is making a new record, thatss even bigger news IMO. the record might end up sucking(ie stiff upper lip) but they'll go on tour and that would kick ass

THREAD HIJACKER! MEDIOCRE MUSIC LOVER (although there are worse hair metal bands)!!!!!!!!! BBQ IS NOW CONVERTING INTO RABID DRAGONZORD MODE!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S RIGHT, I'M SO CRAZY I'VE REVERTED INTO A FIVE-YEAR-OLD LAME-@$$ POWER RANGERS FANTASY!!!!! I KILL YOU!!!!!!!! I AM FOAMING ROBOT WAR WALRUS!!!!!!!!!! INGRATE!!! WITHOUT THE WHO AC/DC WOULD BE CHANGING MOTOR OIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! (Of course, that might mean that their original lead singer would still be alive right now, but I digress). GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

I'm kidding, man! Kidding! AC/DC's alright! We're cool! You're a Vikings fan, too! :lol:

Welcome to the board......just DON'T MESS WITH MY THREAD OR I WILL GO GLOBAL BIOMECHANICAL INFINITE OSCILATING PSYCHADELIC POSSUM PANTS ALL OVER YOUR PANCREATIC LININGS!!! 79 1/2 OREOS!!!! BLORT!!! :boxing: :brave: :spam2: :angryfire: :brave: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

HSR kicks ass. ac/dc is not hair metal, motley crue and poisen are hair metal.
    by the way go postal, i doubt you work at the post office. so you going "postal" wouldn't technically be going "postal" so no one would care. hahahahahaha

"YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    HSR kicks ass. ac/dc is not hair metal, motley crue and poisen are hair metal.
    by the way go postal, i doubt you work at the post office. so you going "postal" wouldn't technically be going "postal" so no one would care. hahahahahaha
    Well, it's from the same era. I get confused because they have long hair. :scratch:

Anycrap, I like AC/DC more than I like other metal bands. But I still maintain that the Who are awesome incarnate.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

ukeright:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

That bad, huh? Well, Pete Townshend will send his lightning down upon you. Like I said, he isn't much of a singer anymore. Hopefully, it'll sound better in the electric version. You shall burn in the newly-created 57 1/2th circle of hell for that smiley. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

"cajunvike" wrote:
    ukeright:
    the power of christ compels you,
    the power of christ compels you,

Speaking of exorcism, those two women in the background are weird. What is their deal?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast