molineviking is offline Asst. Coach

Music download site suggestions

Two of my kids got Ipods for Christmas and I can't let them use the desktop computer (That will cut into my PPO time) so I guess they'll have to use the laptop.

Any suggestions on a good music site? B4 you think I'm a complete newbie to music sharing-I'm not, I've got over 2800 songs from Bearshare 3-4 years ago, Then I got rid of it because it was slowing my comp. to a crawl-And yes I had the sharing feature disabled so no one could access anything on my computer.

Kazaa, Morpheus, Livewire, what is a good one??

Thanks
    Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Music download site suggestions

I just use torrents now. Getting one song now from a program is rather tough. You can usually google whatever song you like and find it as a direct download from somewhere. Just be careful where you are downloading from and always scan them (if you can) before opening them.

Upload all you cds to your computer. That should be a good start to a nice mp3 music collection.
    We're bringing purple back.

Dekay is offline Pro-Bowler Element Quest Champion

I get all my msuic that I ever listens to from http://lsdb.eu/ ofcourse you would have to be into hardstyle, trance, techno and gabber to enjoy that site. But its free, its livesets already mixed for you and its the best music in the world. IMHO ofcourse.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Re:Music download site suggestions

For single songs I use frostwire, which is basically limewire without all the spyware and add-ons no-one wants.

But for pretty much 99% of my downloads (movies, discographies, albums, tv shows) I use torrents.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

gregair13 wrote:
    I just use torrents now. Getting one song now from a program is rather tough. You can usually google whatever song you like and find it as a direct download from somewhere. Just be careful where you are downloading from and always scan them (if you can) before opening them.

Upload all you cds to your computer. That should be a good start to a nice mp3 music collection.

I use torrents exclusively too. Best site I've found so far is http://isohunt.com/. You download their Vuze software and you're good to go. Like gregair13 said, make sure you have anti-virus and spyware on your laptop. I've never had a problem using this site.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

molineviking is offline Asst. Coach

Re:Music download site suggestions

Thanks guys, I'll try these, If it makes a difference it is mainly for my daughter (14) and she likes stuff I don't already have, And I have a lot, From Bob Marley, Slipknot, Beatles, to Duran Duran, She likes Plain White T's, Paramore, My Chemical Romance, Rascal Flats, Taylor Swift etc.

I've got AdAware-Pay, Malware-pay, and AVG-free, Avast-free, So The anti spyware is covered, Thanks again.
    Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.