Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Music Chat

  1. #1
    Abe Froman's Avatar
    Abe Froman is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    106

    Music Chat

    What kind of music are you guys into? Anyone play? Been in a band? Tell your story.

    I've been in several bands. Mostly in HS and College. I had to give it up a few years ago when I got a big boy job, but I still pull out the guitar every once in a while. Kind of sucks though. My last band is doing pretty well locally. I heard them on the radio a few months ago. Everything sounded good except for the singer. I might be a little biased though since I sang for them.
    Trying out some new forums since I got my ip banned on Purple Chat 2 weeks ago...

  2. #2
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2
    This is my photo for my first album cover



    Yes, I am Josh Freeman... maybe

  3. #3
    Abe Froman's Avatar
    Abe Froman is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    This is my photo for my first album cover



    Yes, I am Josh Freeman... maybe
    Trying out some new forums since I got my ip banned on Purple Chat 2 weeks ago...

  4. #4
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,579
    Well this topic is off the rails already.

    Enjoy this video: Knock On Wood - Amii Stewart (1979) - YouTube
    We're bringing purple back.

  5. #5
    Johnson14's Avatar
    Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,679
    Haha!!

  6. #6
    purplehelmut's Avatar
    purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Central WV
    Posts
    463
    I play acoustic guitar so I'm mostly into music that lends itself to that. I play Jim Croce, John Prine, Gordon Lightfoot, Todd Snider, Chris Knight, Warren Zevon, Bruce Springsteen- singer/songwriter stuff. Also play some bluegrass and old-time with friends who have a band. Still like good rocknroll and some progressive/alt stuff every now and then. Really anything but pop, rap/hiphop, and mainstream country.

  7. #7
    Abe Froman's Avatar
    Abe Froman is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    I play acoustic guitar so I'm mostly into music that lends itself to that. I play Jim Croce, John Prine, Gordon Lightfoot, Todd Snider, Chris Knight, Warren Zevon, Bruce Springsteen- singer/songwriter stuff. Also play some bluegrass and old-time with friends who have a band. Still like good rocknroll and some progressive/alt stuff every now and then. Really anything but pop, rap/hiphop, and mainstream country.
    That's pretty much what I've been playing and doing since I quit the whole band thing. Started listening to Ryan Adams again. Gotta say, as far as more current guys are concerned, I really like his stuff.
    Trying out some new forums since I got my ip banned on Purple Chat 2 weeks ago...

  8. #8
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,490
    Eminem is a GENIUS.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  9. #9
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Eminem is a GENIUS.
    Damn you! I was gonna post that!

  10. #10
    purplehelmut's Avatar
    purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Central WV
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by Abe Froman View Post
    That's pretty much what I've been playing and doing since I quit the whole band thing. Started listening to Ryan Adams again. Gotta say, as far as more current guys are concerned, I really like his stuff.
    Abe, definitely check out Chris Knight and Todd Snider on YouTube.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •