Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Moving to Dallas!

"V-Unit" wrote:
    I moved from good old Woodbury, MN. The suburbs don't even compare to this city. It is HUGE, the highways are absolutely massive, and so far I'm just blown away.

I don't see myself begging to be back in Minny anytime soon. On monday I flew out of horrible weather (45 and sleeting) into greatness (88 and clear). I'll take 3 months of scorching heat over 8 months of winter.

I move into the new apartment tommorw and start work on Wednesday, so I guess I'm officially in the real world now. Being independent feels good, I just hope the Vikings bar I check out this Sunday is legit or I'm going to be scrambling to find a place to watch what could be the most important game of the year.

NFL TICKET ... ASAP !!!
    Trust me, just do it now !
    You will just regret it later not doing it ... When I moved to FL, I tried to get around it with sportsbars ... but in the end, I've had the Ticket for 4 years now.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

I"mnjamie" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    I moved from good old Woodbury, MN. The suburbs don't even compare to this city. It is HUGE, the highways are absolutely massive, and so far I'm just blown away.

I don't see myself begging to be back in Minny anytime soon. On monday I flew out of horrible weather (45 and sleeting) into greatness (88 and clear). I'll take 3 months of scorching heat over 8 months of winter.

I move into the new apartment tommorw and start work on Wednesday, so I guess I'm officially in the real world now. Being independent feels good, I just hope the Vikings bar I check out this Sunday is legit or I'm going to be scrambling to find a place to watch what could be the most important game of the year.

NFL TICKET ... ASAP !!!
    You will just regret it later not doing it ... When I moved to FL, I tried to get around it with sportsbars ... but in the end, I've had the Ticket for 4 years now.
    I'll take your advice, but I have to save up a lotta dough, because I want to buy an 32 inch HD TV, the dish, NFL ticket, and a DVD player as well, so maybe by next season I'll be set. I start on wednesday, but right now I'm still broke!
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"V-Unit" wrote:
    I"mnjamie" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:

NFL TICKET ... ASAP !!!

I'll take your advice, but I have to save up a lotta dough, because I want to buy an 32 inch HD TV, the dish, NFL ticket, and a DVD player as well, so maybe by next season I'll be set. I start on wednesday, but right now I'm still broke!
    Credit Card, Credit Card, Credit Card.
    ;D

Yeah, with my massive $700 credit line.

Don't you guys remember your first credit card, your first apartment, your first car insurance bill?

Come on give a young broke guy a break!
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Where did you end up getting an apartment? Which suburb?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

vikingTurf is offline Rookie

Congrats V-Unit. Personally I would hate to move to Texas but I hope it works out for u, could 've been worse(wisconsin ;D). But ya its good to have a real job finally, i cannot wait for mine, which may never come

"cajunvike" wrote:
    I'm just north of Uptown. In the city baby! The apartment complex is
    called The Village, located just east of 75. A bit far from work but really good location for the weekends.
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

I lived in Lubbock TX for 3+ years as a Viking fan.
    It wasn't easy.
    You won't find a whole lot of Viking fans there.
    My Texass experience left me hating the Cowboys still to this day.
    Cowboy fans are really full of themselves.

WWBGD

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

"V-Unit" wrote:

Let's see what you say at this time next year . . .

I was in San Antonio for an entire summer . . . and . .
    . believe it or not . . . you do get sick of sunny, hot weather . . . especially come October when its time to break out the jackets, apple cider, chili, etc. back home!
    :'(

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"V-Unit" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    I'm just north of Uptown. In the city baby! The apartment complex is
    called The Village, located just east of 75. A bit far from work but really good location for the weekends.
    Sounds like you are near Upper Greenville...also just north of SMU and Lower Greenville too!
    Great location...not to far from Deep Ellum and Dallas Alley as well.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123