Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21
    mnjamie's Avatar
    mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,536

    Re: Moving to Dallas!

    "V-Unit" wrote:
    I moved from good old Woodbury, MN. The suburbs don't even compare to this city. It is HUGE, the highways are absolutely massive, and so far I'm just blown away.

    I don't see myself begging to be back in Minny anytime soon. On monday I flew out of horrible weather (45 and sleeting) into greatness (88 and clear). I'll take 3 months of scorching heat over 8 months of winter.

    I move into the new apartment tommorw and start work on Wednesday, so I guess I'm officially in the real world now. Being independent feels good, I just hope the Vikings bar I check out this Sunday is legit or I'm going to be scrambling to find a place to watch what could be the most important game of the year.

    NFL TICKET ... ASAP !!!
    Trust me, just do it now !
    You will just regret it later not doing it ... When I moved to FL, I tried to get around it with sportsbars ... but in the end, I've had the Ticket for 4 years now.

  2. #22
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Moving to Dallas!

    I"mnjamie" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    I moved from good old Woodbury, MN. The suburbs don't even compare to this city. It is HUGE, the highways are absolutely massive, and so far I'm just blown away.

    I don't see myself begging to be back in Minny anytime soon. On monday I flew out of horrible weather (45 and sleeting) into greatness (88 and clear). I'll take 3 months of scorching heat over 8 months of winter.

    I move into the new apartment tommorw and start work on Wednesday, so I guess I'm officially in the real world now. Being independent feels good, I just hope the Vikings bar I check out this Sunday is legit or I'm going to be scrambling to find a place to watch what could be the most important game of the year.

    NFL TICKET ... ASAP !!!
    Trust me, just do it now !
    You will just regret it later not doing it ... When I moved to FL, I tried to get around it with sportsbars ... but in the end, I've had the Ticket for 4 years now.
    I'll take your advice, but I have to save up a lotta dough, because I want to buy an 32 inch HD TV, the dish, NFL ticket, and a DVD player as well, so maybe by next season I'll be set. I start on wednesday, but right now I'm still broke!
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  3. #23
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,572

    Re: Moving to Dallas!

    "V-Unit" wrote:
    I"mnjamie" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    I moved from good old Woodbury, MN. The suburbs don't even compare to this city. It is HUGE, the highways are absolutely massive, and so far I'm just blown away.

    I don't see myself begging to be back in Minny anytime soon. On monday I flew out of horrible weather (45 and sleeting) into greatness (88 and clear). I'll take 3 months of scorching heat over 8 months of winter.

    I move into the new apartment tommorw and start work on Wednesday, so I guess I'm officially in the real world now. Being independent feels good, I just hope the Vikings bar I check out this Sunday is legit or I'm going to be scrambling to find a place to watch what could be the most important game of the year.

    NFL TICKET ... ASAP !!!

    Trust me, just do it now !
    You will just regret it later not doing it ... When I moved to FL, I tried to get around it with sportsbars ... but in the end, I've had the Ticket for 4 years now.
    I'll take your advice, but I have to save up a lotta dough, because I want to buy an 32 inch HD TV, the dish, NFL ticket, and a DVD player as well, so maybe by next season I'll be set. I start on wednesday, but right now I'm still broke!
    Credit Card, Credit Card, Credit Card.
    ;D

  4. #24
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Moving to Dallas!

    Yeah, with my massive $700 credit line.

    Don't you guys remember your first credit card, your first apartment, your first car insurance bill?

    Come on give a young broke guy a break!
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  5. #25
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Moving to Dallas!

    Where did you end up getting an apartment? Which suburb?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  6. #26
    vikingTurf's Avatar
    vikingTurf is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    134

    Re: Moving to Dallas!

    Congrats V-Unit. Personally I would hate to move to Texas but I hope it works out for u, could 've been worse(wisconsin ;D). But ya its good to have a real job finally, i cannot wait for mine, which may never come

  7. #27
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Moving to Dallas!

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Where did you end up getting an apartment? Which suburb?
    I'm just north of Uptown. In the city baby! The apartment complex is
    called The Village, located just east of 75. A bit far from work but really good location for the weekends.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  8. #28
    RK.'s Avatar
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    4,462

    Re: Moving to Dallas!

    I lived in Lubbock TX for 3+ years as a Viking fan.
    It wasn't easy.
    You won't find a whole lot of Viking fans there.
    My Texass experience left me hating the Cowboys still to this day.
    Cowboy fans are really full of themselves.

    WWBGD

  9. #29
    sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,505

    Re: Moving to Dallas!

    "V-Unit" wrote:
    I moved from good old Woodbury, MN. The suburbs don't even compare to this city. It is HUGE, the highways are absolutely massive, and so far I'm just blown away.

    I don't see myself begging to be back in Minny anytime soon. On monday I flew out of horrible weather (45 and sleeting) into greatness (88 and clear). I'll take 3 months of scorching heat over 8 months of winter.
    I move into the new apartment tommorw and start work on Wednesday, so I guess I'm officially in the real world now. Being independent feels good, I just hope the Vikings bar I check out this Sunday is legit or I'm going to be scrambling to find a place to watch what could be the most important game of the year.
    Let's see what you say at this time next year . . .

    I was in San Antonio for an entire summer . . . and . .
    . believe it or not . . . you do get sick of sunny, hot weather . . . especially come October when its time to break out the jackets, apple cider, chili, etc. back home!
    :'(

    "No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

  10. #30
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Moving to Dallas!

    "V-Unit" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Where did you end up getting an apartment? Which suburb?
    I'm just north of Uptown. In the city baby! The apartment complex is
    called The Village, located just east of 75. A bit far from work but really good location for the weekends.
    Sounds like you are near Upper Greenville...also just north of SMU and Lower Greenville too!
    Great location...not to far from Deep Ellum and Dallas Alley as well.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Moving, Relocating, I'm Moving back to the MidWest
    By erik5032 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-06-2010, 03:43 AM
  2. Did you know? We're Moving!
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-16-2007, 06:12 PM
  3. PP.O Moving!
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12-22-2005, 09:37 AM
  4. Moving Up/Down
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-03-2005, 11:36 PM
  5. We're Moving!
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-13-2004, 01:09 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •