Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mountain Man

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Mountain Man

If all that is true, it's nucking futs!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

UNREAL. I can't imagine setting my own broken leg! I wonder what he looked like with no scalp? Maybe it's in the book. It looks like there's a biography on this guy.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

I like that story there. That SOB was tougher than nails. Nails back then are nowhere near the nail of today.
    Speaking of bookreading.
    Anyone ever read Clive Cussler?

Del Rio Guest

Yeah it's a true story, so they say.

His scalp was reattatched by Jim Bridger he crudely sewed it back on before they dumped him in the shallow grave.

I was hiking in the woods here by a town called Logan, and I was deer hunting with a buddy of mine and we split up. I came upon this huge rock it was like 12ft tall. Not wide at all it was like a pillar. So I go around the other side and there is a plaque and it reads something like, there was a grizzly bear that used to roam these hills he stood as tall as this rock. His name was Old Ephram, he used to attack cattle and people alike, yada yada yada....and it says his skull is in the smithsonian. So I go there a few years later, sure enough.

It's just crazy the DWR would make a monument at the spot the bear was killed in the middle of no where. LOL. Crazy stuff.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:

His scalp was reattatched by Jim Bridger he crudely sewed it back on before they dumped him in the shallow grave.

I was hiking in the woods here by a town called Logan, and I was deer hunting with a buddy of mine and we split up. I came upon this huge rock it was like 12ft tall. Not wide at all it was like a pillar. So I go around the other side and there is a plaque and it reads something like, there was a grizzly bear that used to roam these hills he stood as tall as this rock. His name was Old Ephram, he used to attack cattle and people alike, yada yada yada....and it says his skull is in the smithsonian. So I go there a few years later, sure enough.

It's just crazy the DWR would make a monument at the spot the bear was killed in the middle of no where. LOL. Crazy stuff.
    Where in the Smithsonian? I just might have to walk over to the Mall and see it for myself!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Del Rio Guest

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

Where in the Smithsonian? I just might have to walk over to the Mall and see it for myself!
    It's been a long time since I have been there, Old Ephraim or (three toes) is his name. There is a story about an Idaho man that hunted him for years and finally took him down. This guy almost single handedly removed all Grizzly bears from Utah. Now all we have are black bears.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

It's been a long time since I have been there, Old Ephraim or (three toes) is his name. There is a story about an Idaho man that hunted him for years and finally took him down. This guy almost single handedly removed all Grizzly bears from Utah. Now all we have are black bears.
    Sounds like another tough SOB (the Idaho man, that is)!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Del Rio Guest

He knew his stuff.

But he later said he regretted killing all those bears and if he had to do it over he would have never killed any of them.

Kind of sucks that we don't have very few Grizzly here now, but hey at least we have lots of lamb chops.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12