Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Motorcycle help.

I have been out of the motorcycle world for a few decades and was wondering if any of you guys can help me out.

I'm looking for a used road bike and want to spend a max. of $5K, preferably ~$2-3K. I will use it primarily for going back and forth to work and local short trips (<100 km). At this point I want a dependable bike that is more of a 'cruiser' rather then a 'crotch rocket'.

I'll be in the market for a Harley in five years, but need something to tide me over until then.

Suggestions?

Del Rio Guest

Re: Motorcycle help.

:grin: Just get yourself an old Triumph. That's what I have!

1969 Triumph Tiger 650,

Cost me 750$ and I had to date my ex girlfriend one extra week because her dad was selling it to me after we fixed it up.

Prophet Guest

I like those old Triumphs. That is a sweet ride Del. I could live with something like that. What a steal, worth the extra week with the ex.

I need to find something....this is the first time I have convinced my wife that it is a necessity due to gas prices. I have to move quickly...

Del Rio Guest

"Prophet" wrote:
    I like those old Triumphs. That is a sweet ride Del. I could live with something like that. What a steal, worth the extra week with the ex.

I need to find something....this is the first time I have convinced my wife that it is a necessity due to gas prices. I have to move quickly...
    I seen one in the paper the other day for 900$ Almost tried to beg my wife to let me buy it, I have no idea why just to have it lol.

I like old, I can't afford a harley. If I need to fix it up parts are an easy find. Have you looked in your classified ads!?

Prophet Guest

Will begin checking the classifieds today. Just starting the search. The dude at the local dealership said his sales are up 100% from last year due to gas prices, he said all these guys are coming in that can justify buying a bike now (the category I fall into). I'm guessing I won't be able to be too chosey based on my price range. We'll see what happens.

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

The old Honda's are dependable. I had one of those. I've also riden Suzuki, and like them. But I've always wanted a BMW. :lol:
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

Prophet Guest

Del is it something like this?

or this?

or more like this?

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

This is really odd, as I come back to PP.O after looking at these. The woman and I are seriously looking to get one, just for short trips around the area and for fun :

Gotta love the classics sometimes.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

If I could find one, I would buy one of these in a heartbeat. 1946 Indian Chief.

My grandfather used to have one when I was really young. Wish I knew what happened when he passed.

Del Rio Guest

It looks like the black and white picture you posted Prophet only the real bike is in color! :grin:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast