Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Most Under-rated Rock and Roll Guitarists any era ?

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:
    This guy is recognised as a guitar legend by some, but I don't know how widely that belief is held, so I'll mention him here.

Tom Morello.

Tom Morello is key. His stuff with RATM is especially face melty.
    I managed to get something signed by Morello a couple summers ago at an Audioslave concert. I knew one of the roadies for Seether (the opening act), and sent back a picture (that I generated in photoshop) for him to sign. The picture had to do with some of his pollitical activities in high school (my sister was friends with him). He reportedly laughed when he opened the envelope and proclaimed that he'd never expected to be asked to sign something like that. Then he asked for a copy for himself. (I gave the autographed picture to my sister for her birthday. She loved it. Her 16 year old son loved it more.)

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    That Hedges version of "All Along the Watchtower" is terrible.

Dylan made it, Hendrix made it perfect.
    I'm not going to argue that the Hedges version is better than Hendrix. You can't top Hendrix. I'm a big fan, however, of when bands take a song and not just play a cover of it, but competely turn it into something new while keeping the fundamentals of the song in place.

For example, have you heard A Perfect Circle's take on 'Imagine' by ... okay, I probably don't need to say who did the original. In any case, without changing the words, they changed the meaning of the song from one that expressed the idealistic optimism of the late 60's to the unguarded cynicism of the 90's. I'm still not sure if I like the new version, but I sure admire their creativity (and the balls it took to mess with a classic).

original A Perfect Circle
    [youtube=212,175]jEOkxRLzBf0[/youtube] [youtube=212,175]jpqKA9_ddFk[/youtube]

(with apologies for the hijack)
    Maynard is a genius. He's one of the few that is allowed to mess with a classic, although I personally am not a huge fan of A perfect circle (for me it's like diet tool).
    LMFAO
    ;D

I like 'em, but I'm going to have to start referring to them as that now.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    Dimebag is not underrated. He should be on anyone's top 10 list easily. Dimebag was a guitar god. RIP.

One of the most underrated in my mind is Adam Jones from tool. He doesn't really solo or do anything like that but from a technical standpoint he's amazing with the off time-signatures that tool keeps.. not to mention he's really good at composing those catchy main riffs like from Schism and Lateralus..
    Agreed PPE.
    It just seemed as though the thread was being highjacked into "best ever" with Marr's top 15 list. So I had to throw Dimebag out there.
    I should have clarified.

It wasn't my intention.
    I started it out with the only 2 that I thought were Under-rated.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    Dimebag is not underrated. He should be on anyone's top 10 list easily. Dimebag was a guitar god. RIP.

One of the most underrated in my mind is Adam Jones from tool. He doesn't really solo or do anything like that but from a technical standpoint he's amazing with the off time-signatures that tool keeps.. not to mention he's really good at composing those catchy main riffs like from Schism and Lateralus..
    Agreed PPE.
    It just seemed as though the thread was being highjacked into "best ever" with Marr's top 15 list. So I had to throw Dimebag out there.
    I should have clarified.

It wasn't my intention.
    I know... then you just keep thinking of more guitarist... I'm tellin ya, this is a great thread.

Another one: Dean Ween from Ween.

I saw these guys live the other night... he was TEARING it up. Awesome guitarist. Awesome band.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:

Agreed PPE.
    I should have clarified.

It wasn't my intention.
    I know... then you just keep thinking of more guitarist... I'm tellin ya, this is a great thread.

Another one: Dean Ween from Ween.

I saw these guys live the other night... he was TEARING it up. Awesome guitarist. Awesome band.
    This thread sucks, guitarists suck and rock sucks!
    ;D

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910