Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Re: Most Obnoxious Tourists?

"AngloVike" wrote:
    Hmmm.. not sure on that. Travelling within Europe I'd say the worst tourists were us Brits. Many won't make an effort to learn any local phrases or words at all and expect the locals to speak english. Add to that the capacity for not being able to hold their beer and getting into bother with said locals then it's a small wonder we're ever allowed off our island home
    :

I'm surprised they pick the french out regarding languages as many I have encountered do at least make an effort to speak some english or foreign language.
    I get the impression the Hotels that took part in the survey were not the type that would attract the young British holidaymakers you are thinking of.......

The survey was taken by employees in 4,000 hotels in Germany, the U.K., Italy, France, Canada and the U.S. for the French travel website Expedia.fr.
    I'm sure if they asked the hotel staff who have to deal with us Brits in Spain, Greece, Cyprus etc they would tell a different story. The thing that always leaves me puzzled is why you would want to eat the same food, drink the same booze and watch the same TV when you are away on holiday? And no offence to you Anglo but is it compulsory for the entire family to wear something with "England" written on it when leaving the hotel room or apartment?

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"scottishvike" wrote:
    I'm sure if they asked the hotel staff who have to deal with us Brits in Spain, Greece, Cyprus etc they would tell a different story. The thing that always leaves me puzzled is why you would want to eat the same food, drink the same booze and watch the same TV when you are away on holiday? And no offence to you Anglo but is it compulsory for the entire family to wear something with "England" written on it when leaving the hotel room or apartment?
    No offence taken and know exactly what you mean. My sister in laws ex was the stereotype for that. Same destination every year, found a place that did Sunday Roast and Sky Sports - plus every night going to a pub called "London Inn" that was a replica english pub. Then would say " it's nice to go abroad for a change from the routine "
    ;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

I could call the dutch as one of the best tourists.
    Everywhere we go, we know the language or at least me know how to speak proper English.

Especially them fucking Germans, they just don't care and talk german while in Holland and then i tell them to go fuck themself.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

I don't mind tourists so much. I actually think it adds flavor when you see people from all around the world in the streets, especially here in summertime.

Perhaps the Japanese are the most obvious you notice, with the millions of pictures they take all the time. I also see a bunch of rich Americans from the big cruise ships when I pass them, going to the rowing club.

Perhaps you should all worry about this one Danish tourist, that'll tour the Twincities later this year though.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    I could call the dutch as one of the best tourists.
    Everywhere we go, we know the language or at least me know how to speak proper English.

Especially them fricken Germans, they just don't care and talk german while in Holland and then i tell them to go floop themself.
    I think overall the Canadians are very well regarded as well, especially in Holland (from what I hear).

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12