Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: moss sighting

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: moss sighting

Didnt Moss play in a minor league basketball game once? I think he did and did pretty well.. Must have schooled Teyo

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Didnt Moss play in a minor league basketball game once? I think he did and did pretty well.. Must have schooled Teyo
    Moss could have started at small forward for a team in the NBA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

V4L

Yah he could have.. But he played in a minor league game as well.. Ill go get a link

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Didn't Moss play on the same high school basketball team as Jayson Williams of the Memphis Grizzlies? Moss is tall and quick enough he could play in the NBA.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

fred3105 is offline Coordinator

Moss was Mr. Basketball 2 years while playing HS basketball in West Virgina. Johnson Teyo started for Standford 3-4 years ago so hes pretty good also.
    http://homepage.mac.com/vijayr/PSU/MM05PSU2.mov (Mario Manningham)

Del Rio Guest

"vikingdude82" wrote:
    "gdavikes84" wrote:
    Met Moss last year at the Detroit game, he is a pretty cool guy, got autographs from him, Hovan, the whizzinator, Chavous, Lewinski, Mo Williams, and Lance Johnstone. The whizzinator was eaten a plate of about 7 hotdogs after the game, must have had the munchies for some reason. Once met Joe Theismann in an airport in D.C.
    Actually football player only get to eat breakfest, which is probably at 6-7am and don't get till 5-6pm because 1.you'd get a stomac ach during pratice or the game, 2 you get fined if you eat during a game on the field. I seen it on a show on NFL network.
    So yeah I think you'd probably eat quiet a bit if you didn't eat in that long.
    I have read stories of players eating high carb meals 2 hours before a game, pasta and such. I also know for a fact sometimes players will eat candybars and granola bars during the games. I have no clue why that matters. I bet the NFL just doesn't want a camera to swing by some superstar eating a snickers bar unless snickers paid them 25 million bucks :grin:

Everybody has a different routine. I am sure some guys eat right before. Hell I have read some guys in the old days have eaten just so they would have something to throw up because they get so nervous :grin:

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "vikingdude82" wrote:
    "gdavikes84" wrote:
    Met Moss last year at the Detroit game, he is a pretty cool guy, got autographs from him, Hovan, the whizzinator, Chavous, Lewinski, Mo Williams, and Lance Johnstone. The whizzinator was eaten a plate of about 7 hotdogs after the game, must have had the munchies for some reason. Once met Joe Theismann in an airport in D.C.
    Actually football player only get to eat breakfest, which is probably at 6-7am and don't get till 5-6pm because 1.you'd get a stomac ach during pratice or the game, 2 you get fined if you eat during a game on the field. I seen it on a show on NFL network.
    I have read stories of players eating high carb meals 2 hours before a game, pasta and such. I also know for a fact sometimes players will eat candybars and granola bars during the games. I have no clue why that matters. I bet the NFL just doesn't want a camera to swing by some superstar eating a snickers bar unless snickers paid them 25 million bucks :grin:

Everybody has a different routine. I am sure some guys eat right before. Hell I have read some guys in the old days have eaten just so they would have something to throw up because they get so nervous :grin:
    I think that's more common in the NBA Del

I know Richard 'Rip' Hamilton eats pasta like exactly 1 hour and 50 minutes before a game or some shiznit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

V4L

Yah.. Mitch Berger would store a snickers bar in his shoe and eat it during the game

Del Rio Guest

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "vikingdude82" wrote:
    "gdavikes84" wrote:

I think that's more common in the NBA Del

I know Richard 'Rip' Hamilton eats pasta like exactly 1 hour and 50 minutes before a game or some shiznit
    You trying to tell me those 350 pounders only eat breakfast before the game? Some of those guys hide a cheeseburger in their rolls! Just in case there is an extra long timeout!

But seriously, I know it happens in a lot of sports. Carbohydrates are even eaten at halftime on occassion.

oldschoolmikey is offline Starter

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Yah.. Mitch Berger would store a snickers bar in his shoe and eat it during the game
    Yea, but punters don't count. They could be eating a hot dog and drinking a beer and no one would notice.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast