Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Moonshine

  1. #11
    The Dropper's Avatar
    The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Portland, Ore.
    Posts
    2,101

    Re: Moonshine

    "Prophet" wrote:
    Yesterday afternoon I stopped by this backwoods auto repair store run by a couple of hillbillies.
    I was looking to buy a car battery and ended up playing poker for the battery.
    In the process we drank a considerable amount of moonshine.
    Somehow I felt more intelligent after indulging in the moonshine.
    I read somewhere that we only use a small percentage of our available brain cells, so, is it possible to kill off the unused brain cells and become relatively brighter because the excess brain cells are killed?
    Or, was I just drunk?
    I have oft pondered this same question. Certainly there are some forms of alcohol that definitely go after the most useful braincells first, leaving the drinker in an utter stupor for up to several days. Examples of these liquors are mezcal, absinthe, and many ill-conceived moonshines.

    However, I believe that there are also many spirits that are actually beneficial to brain use. What else would explain the circumstances in which I created some of my most brilliant works completely shithoused? Coincidence? I think not. Nor would coincidence explain the likes of Dylan Thomas, Charles Buckowski, Jack Kerouac, or Ernest Hemingway. Because as you say, alcohol definitely kills brain cells, I agree that some variations of ethyl alcohol must go after different types of brain cells. So apparently your hillbilly friends have stumbled on to one such concoction.

    The thing I want to figure out is whether these variations are due to base ingredients or processes. I will continue my ongoing experimentation.

  2. #12
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Moonshine

    "The" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Yesterday afternoon I stopped by this backwoods auto repair store run by a couple of hillbillies.
    I was looking to buy a car battery and ended up playing poker for the battery.
    In the process we drank a considerable amount of moonshine.
    Somehow I felt more intelligent after indulging in the moonshine.
    I read somewhere that we only use a small percentage of our available brain cells, so, is it possible to kill off the unused brain cells and become relatively brighter because the excess brain cells are killed?
    Or, was I just drunk?
    I have oft pondered this same question. Certainly there are some forms of alcohol that definitely go after the most useful braincells first, leaving the drinker in an utter stupor for up to several days. Examples of these liquors are mezcal, absinthe, and many ill-conceived moonshines.

    However, I believe that there are also many spirits that are actually beneficial to brain use. What else would explain the circumstances in which I created some of my most brilliant works completely shithoused? Coincidence? I think not. Nor would coincidence explain the likes of Dylan Thomas, Charles Buckowski, Jack Kerouac, or Ernest Hemingway. Because as you say, alcohol definitely kills brain cells, I agree that some variations of ethyl alcohol must go after different types of brain cells. So apparently your hillbilly friends have stumbled on to one such concoction.

    The thing I want to figure out is whether these variations are due to base ingredients or processes. I will continue my ongoing experimentation.
    Thats pretty deep Dropper.

    I am evidently doing the wrong stuff.
    All I think about when drinking the beast is when will I have to go open another and is there enough in the cooler for the rate they are going down.

    Hmmmmm.
    I might not be as complex as I thought I was.
    Again, maybe the effects from the beast.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #13
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210

    Re: Moonshine


    Marrdro, I find this useful when calculating beer consumption. Just make sure each person has 1 beer a hour for the whole weekend: 2 days=48 hrs, thats 48 beers each. It works for camping, fishing, and NFL Sunday. So if it's a 3 day weekend, hmmm that's 72hrs or 72 beers each. Simple math my friend.

  4. #14
    josdin00's Avatar
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,619

    Re: Moonshine

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I am evidently doing the wrong stuff.
    That's the understatement of the month, considering the rest of your post talks about drinking the Beast in quantity.

  5. #15
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Moonshine

    You cannot beat good shine.
    The bad stuff will hurt you though.
    So, how much did the battery end up costing you?

  6. #16
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Moonshine

    "vikingivan" wrote:
    You cannot beat good shine.
    The bad stuff will hurt you though.
    So, how much did the battery end up costing you?
    Got it for free, I was sweating it out though...if I lost I had to pay double.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  7. #17
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Moonshine

    "The" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Yesterday afternoon I stopped by this backwoods auto repair store run by a couple of hillbillies.
    I was looking to buy a car battery and ended up playing poker for the battery.
    In the process we drank a considerable amount of moonshine.
    Somehow I felt more intelligent after indulging in the moonshine.
    I read somewhere that we only use a small percentage of our available brain cells, so, is it possible to kill off the unused brain cells and become relatively brighter because the excess brain cells are killed?
    Or, was I just drunk?
    I have oft pondered this same question. Certainly there are some forms of alcohol that definitely go after the most useful braincells first, leaving the drinker in an utter stupor for up to several days. Examples of these liquors are mezcal, absinthe, and many ill-conceived moonshines.

    However, I believe that there are also many spirits that are actually beneficial to brain use. What else would explain the circumstances in which I created some of my most brilliant works completely shithoused? Coincidence? I think not. Nor would coincidence explain the likes of Dylan Thomas, Charles Buckowski, Jack Kerouac, or Ernest Hemingway. Because as you say, alcohol definitely kills brain cells, I agree that some variations of ethyl alcohol must go after different types of brain cells. So apparently your hillbilly friends have stumbled on to one such concoction.

    The thing I want to figure out is whether these variations are due to base ingredients or processes. I will continue my ongoing experimentation.
    I agree, there is something to it.
    This stuff made me go back to reanalyzing the situation.
    Ongoing experimentation is a necessity.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  8. #18
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Moonshine

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    You cannot beat good shine.
    The bad stuff will hurt you though.
    So, how much did the battery end up costing you?
    Got it for free, I was sweating it out though...if I lost I had to pay double.
    That is great, I am going to have to start taking my car there.

  9. #19
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Moonshine

    "PurpleTide" wrote:

    Marrdro, I find this useful when calculating beer consumption. Just make sure each person has 1 beer a hour for the whole weekend: 2 days=48 hrs, thats 48 beers each. It works for camping, fishing, and NFL Sunday. So if it's a 3 day weekend, hmmm that's 72hrs or 72 beers each. Simple math my friend.
    Simple math doesn't work well in my world.

    Not sure whats wrong with me, however, I have an ugly ability (as with most of my friends) to consume massive quantities of barley pop if in the right mood.
    Probably because almost all of my friend are retired Chief, Senior Chief, Master Chief Petty Officer kindof skum.

    ;D

    Case in point.
    My buddy Homer (President of our Hunt Club) and I can go through a 30 pack of the beast in about 4-6 hours depending on when we ate last.

    Now if you were to get at least 20 of our 35 members around the camp fire (saw around 6:00 PM) telling deer stories (lies) and the beer gets really flowing, then that comsumption rate can be dramitically increased to about a 30 pack ever 3-4 hours just for he and I alone.

    When I retired from the Navy, at my official function (about 200 people counting wives, kids and Officers) we floated an 8 gal keg in 2 hours and then moved out to the club for a weekend of partying/pig roast.
    That night we floated another 16 gal keg and then over Sat/Sun we did another 16 gal keg along with some other stuff not to be mentioned here.
    ;D

    Anyway, long story short, 72 beers don't last long around the crowd I associated with.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #20
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Moonshine

    "vikingivan" wrote:
    You cannot beat good shine.
    The bad stuff will hurt you though.
    So, how much did the battery end up costing you?
    I agree.
    Not much of a booze drinker, however, a guy in our hunt club makes a mean double run that is peach flavored.


    Pretty good sipping whiskey that gets a man moving around pretty good.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. NC woman accused of selling moonshine at day care
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-09-2009, 01:15 AM
  2. Why Is Moonshine Against the Law?
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-19-2007, 06:17 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •