Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Montana teen accidentally texts sheriff to buy pot

HELENA, Mont. – General rule of thumb: when looking to buy marijuana, don't text the sheriff. Authorities said a Helena teen hit a wrong number and inadvertently sent a message to Lewis and Clark County Sheriff Leo Dutton, saying "Hey Dawg, do you have a $20 I can buy right now?"
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100903/ap_on_fe_st/us_odd_pot_text_sheriff

dfosterf is offline Coach

Re: Montana teen accidentally texts sheriff to buy pot

...And of course you have your Sconnies...

http://www.wiscnews.com/baraboonewsrepublic/news/local/article_49c23086-b56f-11df-897f-001cc4c03286.html

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

And I was positive it would have been some idiot in Butte. (Butte happens to be the town that usually gives Montanans bad names and stereotypes...)

ndnorseman is offline Pro-Bowler

KrackerJack wrote:
    And I was positive it would have been some idiot in Butte. (Butte happens to be the town that usually gives Montanans bad names and stereotypes...)

Having grown up in Livingston, I can agree with that. Anaconda, Bozeman, Ennis, Alder, and Big Timber also have their fair share of them. Not coincidentally, I have family in 3 of those towns.

Ugh...LOL

dfosterf wrote:
    ...And of course you have your Sconnies...

http://www.wiscnews.com/baraboonewsrepublic/news/local/article_49c23086-b56f-11df-897f-001cc4c03286.html
    From the article:
    ================================================== =======
    During Monday’s court appearance the judge informed Popple of the charges against him and set a $250 cash bond for his release. He ordered Popple to remain absolutely sober and prohibited him from possessing firearms.

Popple has a criminal history going back to 2003, including pot possession, carrying a concealed weapon, resisting or obstructing police, endangering someone with a weapon and disorderly conduct, according to Wisconsin’s online courts database.
    ================================================== ======

Really??? Wow...

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Don't worry, no one outside of your state has probably heard of any towns mentioned in this thread outside of Helena and Butte. And I've never heard a bad thing about any of them.

Mr Anderson wrote:
    Don't worry, no one outside of your state has probably heard of any towns mentioned in this thread outside of Helena and Butte. And I've never heard a bad thing about any of them.
    No worries here...I saw a survey done awhile back on TV, and out of 1,000 people who were asked to name all 50 states, over half of them missed 10 or more, and Montana was one of the most frequently forgotten (Iowa, Oregon, Rhode Island, and New Hampshire were some of the others that most didn't get).

Sad thing is, all 1,000 people were at least 20 years old, and were from all over the U.S.

ndnorseman wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    No worries here...I saw a survey done awhile back on TV, and out of 1,000 people who were asked to name all 50 states, over half of them missed 10 or more, and Montana was one of the most frequently forgotten (Iowa, Oregon, Rhode Island, and New Hampshire were some of the others that most didn't get).

Sad thing is, all 1,000 people were at least 20 years old, and were from all over the U.S.
    Yeah, I've seen similar statistics to that tune. It's unfortunate that they leave out the state, but I think only 1 of 1000 would be able to tell you where Bozeman or Ennis Montana are.

I could do 50 states in my sleep, but never in a million years would I know some of those towns.

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

I used to hear "So, do you ride a horse to school?" a lot when I was younger, whenever I traveled out of Montana... I've never ridden a horse in my life. People crack me up... "No, cars haven't quite made their way to Montana yet." Lol.

I shouldn't say Butte gives us bad names, they're just the most common town to give us the redneck stereotype. Way over exaggerated, do we more have them? Yes, but it's still a small part of the population.

Hell, there are rednecks in NJ.

I don't think of Montana as a redneck state, I think of Montana as a huge, beautiful place.... where very few people live lol

Also, I don't think of rednecks as people who ride horses.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast