Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Mom faces trial for leaving toddler in car

Discretion should be used in these cases.
    I would agree the child wasn't unattended.
    Pretty stupid if you ask me.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I don't get this at all, what is the danger of leaving a kid in a car. Especially a young kid that is strapped into a car seat. I could see if it was a hot day or something but other wise what are they talking about?

“I am talking tens of thousands of people who leave their kids in the car for any period of time all around America,” said Janette Fennell, founder and president of Kansas-based Kids and Cars. “People don’t appreciate the dangers of leaving a child alone in the car.”
    Are they saying that tens of thousands are injured(how?) or that tens of thousands of kids are left in cars?
    Am I missing something here?

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    I don't get this at all, what is the danger of leaving a kid in a car. Especially a young kid that is strapped into a car seat. I could see if it was a hot day or something but other wise what are they talking about?
    The main danger that comes to my head is abduction.
    I could never forgive myself if somebody came by the running car and drove off with my kid inside.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    I could never forgive myself if somebody came by the running car and drove off with my kid inside.
    A running car is one thing I can understand, but seriously how many times in the hundred of millions of times that kids have been left in a car has that happened? Not that many is my guess, and in the few cases I'm sure whoever stole the car saw the kid and abandoned and no one was hurt.
    My guess is that happened one time and the media made a big deal about it so every state had to rush out and make a law, even though it is a very small problem.
    I am sure it would be hard to forgive yourself if anything happened to a child under your care but I don't see this as a big risk. I am sure a child is in more danger playing in the back yard/taking a bath/eating candy than sleeping in a car.
    At the very least circumstances should be considered, I don't think the child noted was in any danger, and the mother was right, the child would have been in more danger outside the car(hit by car).

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    A running car is one thing I can understand, but seriously how many times in the hundred of millions of times that kids have been left in a car has that happened? Not that many is my guess, and in the few cases I'm sure whoever stole the car saw the kid and abandoned and no one was hurt.
    My guess is that happened one time and the media made a big deal about it so every state had to rush out and make a law, even though it is a very small problem.
    I am sure it would be hard to forgive yourself if anything happened to a child under your care but I don't see this as a big risk. I am sure a child is in more danger playing in the back yard/taking a bath/eating candy than sleeping in a car.
    At the very least circumstances should be considered, I don't think the child noted was in any danger, and the mother was right, the child would have been in more danger outside the car(hit by car).

I wasn't really referring to this particular case - it is asinine that this woman is being charged with anything.

I was more so referring to the topic in general.

I don't think it is a big risk either generally speaking.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

abduction, accidents, child getting free and engaging car, child getting out of car seat and leaving car into traffic, suffocation from car exhaust... just off the top of my head.

You may think that these are freak accidents, but I managed to see three of the five in a three year span in Fairbanks, Alaska.
    It is dangerous to leave a child unattended in the car.

But in this case I still don't think the child was unattended.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23615083/?GT=43001
    Charges dropped for mom who left tot in car
    Child endangerment case stirred outrage, but police stand by the arrest

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

After the bashing I took over the Skateboarders and Cop I am gonna stay out of this one.
    ;D

A very interesting thread so far though.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12