Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    zimtwister is offline Coach

MN will not build a stadium for millionair ball players!

besides, the majority of people who watch/go to the games are- working class, blue collar, backbone of the economy, upstanding, law abiding, economy fueling, taxpaying, people. you know, the ones who used to vote democrat until the liberals took over the DFL.
    "you dream of beating me, its time you wake up and apologize."

Del Rio Guest

Re: MN will not build a stadium for millionair ball players!

That makes no sense.

An increase in a tax to build a new stadium would effect the working class. Essentially they would be paying for it. So if the working class are the ones who go to the games and enjoy the games why would they not want to help get a new stadium?

Especially when the team could very well move and SHOULD move IMO if they dont get a new stadium.

del- i work in a school and this is what all the women tell me. i say, what about my wants? i pay for the guthrie- walker arts and others that i dont go to but still think are important to our community. the players PAY income tax to MN. a stadium will pay for itself ten times over! i am starting to think they are just anti men or anti fun.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

the majority of people who watch/go to the games are- working class, blue collar
    I really doubt that many "blue collar" workers can afford to buy season tickets for the Vikings or take a family to the games. With the prices of tickets and food concessions and parking what they are, I would guess that most of the stadium is filled with "professional" people.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Facts are facts.....if the people of Minnesota refuse to build a new stadium for the Vikings they WILL leave. Within 5 years of them leaving...Minnesota will be awarded a "new" franchise and the state of Minnesota will build a new stadium anyways..and at 10 times the cost that it would have cost to keep the Vikings here in first palce....It happened when the North stars left....even though the situation was a bit different, it just wasn't right that Minnesota didn't have a hockey team...the next thing you know *poof*..here comes a brand new team, with a brand new stadium...and correct me if I'm wrong..but the people of Minnesota were never given the chance to vote for that one. The Vikings are too popular here....and it will take alot more threats of them leaving before anyone takes this thing serious....it's going to be an 11th hour deal...hopefully it won't be too late.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Dome lease is up in 2011 ... I say all the politicans can continue to grandstand until about 2008. Then it's put up or shut-up time, otherwise there will not be enough time to get a stadium built. I love wilf, but I dont see him signing another lease with the Dome, ever.

Move them out I say, Ahhhh .... The Orlando Vikings ... That has a nice ring to it !!! And only an hour drive away for me ! :lol:

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

"mnjamie" wrote:
    Dome lease is up in 2011 ... I say all the politicans can continue to grandstand until about 2008. Then it's put up or shut-up time, otherwise there will not be enough time to get a stadium built. I love wilf, but I dont see him signing another lease with the Dome, ever.

Move them out I say, Ahhhh .... The Orlando Vikings ... That has a nice ring to it !!! And only an hour drive away for me ! :lol:
    haha what a selfish selfish old man :grin:

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

mnjamie--why,that makes me want to slap your willy around! lol!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"zimtwister" wrote:
    besides, the majority of people who watch/go to the games are- working class, blue collar, backbone of the economy, upstanding, law abiding, economy fueling, taxpaying, people. you know, the ones who used to vote democrat until the liberals took over the DFL.
    Watch out...you will get slammed for making this thread political!!! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"zimtwister" wrote:
    mnjamie--why,that makes me want to slap your willy around! lol!
    :shock: I didn't know that you swung that way, zim! :razz:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast