Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman

Re: MLB Allstar voting

vernon wells deserves to be on the AL all-star list, he's having a great season. that voting is crap IMO, the jays(and other teams) are keeping up with the sox and yanks. pure BS.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    vernon wells deserves to be on the AL all-star list, he's having a great season. that voting is crap IMO, the jays(and other teams) are keeping up with the sox and yanks. pure BS.
    Yes, Wells is having a great year and he is a One Man Wrecking Crew when he faces Boston pitching.

Thome is also having a great year and he should get votes at 1b because there will be no DH in Pittsburgh for the Midsummer Classic.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

My boys Kornhieser and Wilbon were talking about this on PTI yesterday. The fact is that the majority of the nation votes for Yankees and Red Sox, because those are the team's they are exposed to the most. Who is at fault for that? ESPN that's who. If ESPN would show other games then people would see players like Konerko and Mauer who are playing like all-stars. But instead they televise either the Yankees or the Red Sox every night.

t's because the network only cares about the money these days, and it is starting to piss me off, as I am noticing a decrease in quality from all of their shows, especially Sportscenter. It's sad but it's almost MTV like.

I went to vote as an honest fan yesterday, but other than the Twins, Red Sox and Yankees, I had no idea who to vote for. I haven't seen 2/3 of the league play a game this year, and I think that is a stark contrast from three years ago.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Mauer so far tonight is 3-4 with a walk...

Average was 383 right before his 3rd hit hahaha

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Mauer so far tonight is 3-4 with a walk...

Average was 383 right before his 3rd hit hahaha
    Mauer better be there, or else I'll be pissed :evil:

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    Shut yer pie hole, Iggy!!! :razz:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

ppl vote for their home teams, and bandwagon fans in the states are either yankee or red sox fans, added to the number of fans already living in those cities..more fans, more votes..how does yao ming lead the NBA in votes every year? cuz Yao is the only name anybody in China can either pronounce or read on an english website, and the rockets are the team most often broadcasted in china..if all espn and fox does all year is put the yankees and sox on tv, people in non baseball cities are going to catch on to those teams..i have the mlb online league pass thing and i watch every st louis and minnesota game..im a lifetime diehard cardinals/twins fan, and ive gotta say joe mauer is the hottest player in baseball right now, playing even better than pujols was before his injury..if mauer doesnt find his way onto the AL all star team along with johan santana, then this league should think about taking the voting privelage away from fans
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Thank GOD we are almost through this thing called baseball. Looking forwarded towards smash mouth football.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12