Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

MLB Allstar voting

What does everyone think about this bogus A.L voting?

Everyone except for Vlad is a Yankee or Redsock.. WEAKKKKK

Even 3 yanks and reddys are 2nd place vote getters..

While Joe Mauer is leading the MLB in average.. And is a top 5 defensive catcher he isn't even in the top 5 for voting..

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :evil:

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Re: MLB Allstar voting

Even as a Yankee fan I think this voting stuff is a pile of crap. They should limit the number of players a team can have starting in an All-Star game because of what took place in the NBA Eastern Conference with all the Pistons making it.

Joe Mauer should be the starting catcher for the AL he is having a much better season than Varitek so far.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

It doesnt matter if it's AL or NL, it's nothing but a popularity contest, which in itself is a F'ing joke ! I can remember Barry Larkin of the Reds making it one year..and he was injured, most of the year leading up to the game.

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    What does everyone think about this bogus A.L voting?

Everyone except for Vlad is a Yankee or Redsock.. WEAKKKKK

Even 3 yanks and reddys are 2nd place vote getters..

While Joe Mauer is leading the MLB in average.. And is a top 5 defensive catcher he isn't even in the top 5 for voting..

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :evil:

Yeah i agree completely!!! Mauer is dominating this year!!! Same with the Mariners!! They suck this year but Ichiro is 3rd best in batting AVG!!! Plus if you take into account the defensive side of things then Jose Lopez should be getting votes for 2nd base!! he has 9 hrs and he makes awesome plays on defense!! But again i am also a Mariner Fan so i am a little bias!! LOL!! but that really does suck for Mauer!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

Agreed 2beers, but it happens in every All-Star Game.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

I know, thats why I refuse to watch or vote for them.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    Even as a Yankee fan I think this voting stuff is a pile of crap. They should limit the number of players a team can have starting in an All-Star game because of what took place in the NBA Eastern Conference with all the Pistons making it.

Joe Mauer should be the starting catcher for the AL he is having a much better season than Varitek so far.
    As another Yankee fan, I agree as well...no team should be able to have more than 4 starter...and 6 players total (to keep a manager from loading up the team with his own players via the reserve route). That would suck for a few players whose bonuses are tied to All-Star appearances...but maybe they could reach a compromise position by making the fan vote be the preliminary round...then letting the managers from each team vote on the final rosters for each league (with the Commissioner having veto power if he thinks that there is any unfair bloc voting going on). Since the All-Star game now determines which league has home field advantage in the World Series, it makes sense that all the managers should have a say-so (even the KC manager, even though we all know that there is no way in hell that they are making it this season...LOL)
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Also, they should expand the rosters to 40 players each...both to make sure that all deserving players get on and to make sure that there is a greater chance that one player from each team makes it (although it shouldn't be a guarantee that will happen). It would also eliminate the situation where managers ran out of players when the game went into extra innings.

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Also, they should expand the rosters to 40 players each...both to make sure that all deserving players get on and to make sure that there is a greater chance that one player from each team makes it (although it shouldn't be a guarantee that will happen). It would also eliminate the situation where managers ran out of players when the game went into extra innings.

And when the game is over we can give every player a medal and the such. lol

I think a roster of 25 guys should be sufficient (just like each team) but even that may be too many players. The fans just need to vote smarter for players.

The players themselves do vote, I think and that helps to determine reserves I believe.

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:

And when the game is over we can give every player a medal and the such. lol

I think a roster of 25 guys should be sufficient (just like each team) but even that may be too many players. The fans just need to vote smarter for players.

The players themselves do vote, I think and that helps to determine reserves I believe.
    Uh...that would be a ribbon...and I want orange slices for everyone after the game as well...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast