Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MLB 2K6

purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

MLB 2K6

S o a few weeks back I made a post about which MLB game I was going to buy and I ended up actually getting MLB 2K6 yesterday. I noticed a post of here under the Godfather section that the game blows. I actually have to disagree. I also at first did not like because like that person I had played MVP last year, but once I sat down and played it for like 2 hours the new control scheme really grew on. Its actually quite nice. I really like the pitching and the hitting is ok. The graphics are great,a nd being able to play the World baseball classic is a awesome addition. I would give it a 8 outta 10 in all honesty. I have now played all the titles out this year and this is by far the best one. Dont give up on it toearly most of you, like me are just to used to the MVP series. I now see the MVP series is way to arcady and not very realalistic. The Twins in case anybody was wondering are ranked 18th on the game and you guessed it The Yankees are ranked #1 on the game.

shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

Re: MLB 2K6

I got the demo version from a game store, and I like the game, Better than most older ones

Thanks PurpleMafia

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

what are the dodgers ranked?

I am not sure off hand where the Dodgers are ranked sorry, I just got done playing. I will try to remember to take a look. I have also noticed the AI of teams are really sweet to. For example when I was playing with the USA it would seem when I was playing teams from smaller countries they would not not throw the ball as hard. NO LIE. It was crazy.

When I say "they" I am referring to the USA squad, like they where milking the plays or something. I am seriously not kidding about this.

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

GOOD!!!

Someone actually played MVP and the 2K game and judged afterwards....you are now qualified to talk about which is better...the 2K series never gets the respect it deserves for being the most realistic sports series as far as controls and graphics are concerned.

I have been saying for the past year that MVP's graphics make the players look like plastic dolls and that the controls are simple and unrealistic....so there we go, finally someone sees my P.O.V.

All you MVP fans, just friggin' try 2K6, it is a helluva game....and don't think I haven't played MVP, thats all my stupid friends play, so I am forced to play it....I love the 2k series....

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

I agree I actually always bout the 2k series games before last years mvp. The reason I did that was the 2k series was kinda getting dull. I liked the mvp game last year dont get me wrong but like you said they all looked like a bunch of cartoons and there bodies where so unrealisticly made. The 2k game this year however completely changes all there previous games. They really did a good job with it. The one and only negative thing I have to say about it is sometimes I experieance lag, WHICH IS REALLY STRANGE TO ME. Considering i have a ps2. I am talking lag in the game itself in the middle of a pitch when I am trying bat. That is a little frustrating but a minor issue.Like I said before though its a must have for a base ball fan gamer. Go out and get it, you will not be upset.

Warp is offline Asst. Coach

Yeah i plan on buying MLB 2k6 in a few weeks. Last year i bought MVP and didnt like it at all the i bought 2k5 and loved it! And i hear even better things about 2k6 so its a definate perchase for me.Oh one question, is barry bonds in the game or is it his attributes but a differant name again?

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

will it be released for the 360?

Nope there is no Barry. There is some stacked white dude no name guy in his place. He is awesome though, he is ranked like 98 overall. Yes it is set to be released on 360 in like July I hear. It will look awesome on the 360 from what I have seen in screen shots. Here is a link to the 360 screen shots and all the info you need on the 360 version. You can also get to the other versions this way for anyone else who is interested.

http://www.2ksports.com/games/mlb2k6/360.php

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast