Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re: Mixed Martial Arts

Mr Anderson wrote:
    HEY wrote:
    I hope GSP will fight Anthony Johnson soon. That would be one hell of an exciting fight!

I see a lot of similarities between Anthony Johnson and GSP. They are arguably the most physically gifted welterweights in the UFC. They have both have an incredibly reach at 170 pounds (I think they're somewhere around 78") and they should be pretty equal on their feet, but I fear that GSP will take him down and control him on the ground for most of the fight.

Anyways, that's my (realistically) favorite match-up at the moment.

Some more unrealistically match-ups that I would pay to see are Fedor vs. Lesnar and Anderson Silva vs. GSP.
    That would be a good fight.

GSP has never fought someone as big as Johnson. He is by far the biggest 170 out there. He walks around over 200, I've heard as high as 215 at 6'2". He's a more experienced wrestler than GSP, he was a National Champion(but went to community college, for what it's worth.) But GSP is an incredible wrestler. He had no real experience with it, then started training heavily in wrestling when he became a mixed martial artist and actually was considering the 2012 olympics for freestyle wrestling. So he's pretty incredible himself, if it was clear enough by his takedown efficiency.

Johnson also has really heavy hands, but GSP has good movement.

I think GSP far more skilled as a fighter, but Johnson is so big, strong, and athletic that it would be a good matchup.
    GSP sure is a freak! He is without a doubt one of the most well-rounded fighters. I remember his fight against Josh Koscheck where he shocked everyone by dominating Koscheck in his own game, wrestling. I definitely think GSP will have the upper hand on the ground considering Koscheck is a much better wrestler than Anthony Johnson (I didn't see their fight, but Koscheck's college resume speaks for itself).

As for Anthony Johnson, he is very big for a welterweight. Perhaps too big. I think he could move up to middleweight and he even have more success there. He has struggled to make weights a couple of times, so why not? By middleweight standards, Anthony is still big.

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

I really like this new season of the Ultimate Fighter (season 12) so far. A big reason is probably that GSP is my favorite fighter, but I wasn't that fond of GSP coaching on the show before it aired.

GSP is a quite type of guy who doesn't seek conflicts like Koscheck, but it has been pretty entertaining so far and GSP has gotten the best of Koscheck multiple times already.

Stonecoldet3 is offline Starter

The only thing I dislike about this season is "Bruce Leeroy" that guy is a complete idiot. I haven't watched the episode this week but I hope someone knocks that punk out cold.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12