Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Mitchell Report and related events thread

Pettitte apologizes

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/baseball/mlb/02/18/pettitte.presser.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Andy Pettitte has earned my respect.

"I felt like I need to come out, be forward with this," Pettitte said. "Whatever circumstances or repercussions come with it, I'll take and I'll take like a man and I'll try to do my job."

Other baseball players have ducked tough questions about allegations of drug use, using evasions and nonspecific replies. Pettitte admitted his mistakes and several times patiently asked reporters, "Did I answer your question?"
    "I want to apologize to the New York Yankees' and to the Houston Astros' organizations and to their fans and to all my teammates and to all of baseball fans for the embarrassment I have caused them," he said. "I also want to tell anyone that is an Andy Pettitte fan I am sorry, especially any kids that might look up to me."
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Andy Pettitte has earned my respect.

"I felt like I need to come out, be forward with this," Pettitte said. "Whatever circumstances or repercussions come with it, I'll take and I'll take like a man and I'll try to do my job."

Other baseball players have ducked tough questions about allegations of drug use, using evasions and nonspecific replies. Pettitte admitted his mistakes and several times patiently asked reporters, "Did I answer your question?"
    "I want to apologize to the New York Yankees' and to the Houston Astros' organizations and to their fans and to all my teammates and to all of baseball fans for the embarrassment I have caused them," he said. "I also want to tell anyone that is an Andy Pettitte fan I am sorry, especially any kids that might look up to me."
    I agree with you Paul...but the NY sportswriters and radio shows are saying what a hell he'll have to go through for ratting out Clemens!!! Unreal. The guy tells the truth and he's the bad guy. I respect Pettitte and if he loses Clemens as a friend, it's no loss.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Congress hopes to decide on whether to refer Clemens to Justice by end of week

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Av3F3NfinpGIt6sniraPKqcRvLYF?slug=ap-steroids-clemens&prov=ap&type=lgns

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

when they find out clemens lied to a grand jury, and his superstar status goes down the drain, hopefully he isnt able to avoid jail time..lock this clown up, and take him right out of the record books..hes already the biggest douche in sports for the crap hes pulled saying "i dont play for the money", but has rules that allow him to stay home on road trips, sit out half the year, and still pitch below average ball for 20 something million dollars..hes a disgrace to sports
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Tejada pleads guilty to lying, admits buying HGH

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9203880/Tejada-pleads-guilty-to-lying,-admits-buying-HGH

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910