Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Minnesota Move

Rookie444 is offline Starter

Minnesota Move

I need some help. I am in the AF and have an opportunity to take an assignment to work at the ROTC Detachment at the University of Minnesota. What I need to know is all about the Minneapolis area (communities) as much as possible. The good, bad, and ugly about crime, activities, schools, houses, employment for the wifey and anything else that could help me make my decision. I am currently in Oklahoma and desperately trying to leave. Your opinions/thoughts will help me make up my mind on if I want to take the job, since I can't get over to live near Whiteboy.

:help:

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Minnesota Move

Rookie444,

I'm not from MN, but I can tell you from my visit, some of the nicest folks I've ever come across anywhere. I've been around some also, believe me.

Looked to me like lots to offer, but I'll let someone from there tell you what is really important.

One thing for sure, if you are going to move there, you have to be a Vikings Fan....LOL

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

"VikingNed" wrote:
    Rookie444,

I'm not from MN, but I can tell you from my visit, some of the nicest folks I've ever come across anywhere. I've been around some also, believe me.

Looked to me like lots to offer, but I'll let someone from there tell you what is really important.

One thing for sure, if you are going to move there, you have to be a Vikings Fan....LOL
    thanks for the insight; i'll take any opinions from anyone that lives there or has been there.

yea man, i bleed purple.

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

"VikingNed" wrote:
    Rookie444,

Ditto.

I visited Minneapolis during Thanksgiving. My family & I had a blast. The people were wonderful & there was surprisingly quite a bit to do.

We talked about moving there ourselves.

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

what part of minnesota was that?

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

West burbs are great, Edina, EP, Minnetonka etc. Woodbury is nice too. Low crime for a big area on whole for the Twin Cities. Moved here from the west coast 2 years ago, and can't imagine ever living anywhere else.

I noticed that the cost of living is really high out there. Does every house come with a garage? Is that standard out there? Also, where would be the best places to live around Minneapolis? EP, Edina, Minnetonka, Roseville, St Louis Park, Plymouth?

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

If you think the cost of living in MN is high, come visit me in Connecticut, then you will see what expensive living is all about...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

All of the west burbs are nice. I personally live in EP. West side is more expensive. Plymouth is probably the least expensive of the west burbs though. Most houses have garages yes, and most apts even have underground parking.

"jackyl" wrote:
    All of the west burbs are nice. I personally live in EP. West side is more expensive. Plymouth is probably the least expensive of the west burbs though. Most houses have garages yes, and most apts even have underground parking.
    Thanks for the insight. Is the Mall of America all it's cracked up to be? How is the Aquarium in there? They got good people out there in the west burbs?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast