Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Minnesota commercial slams Fargo

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Well, it's easy to say Fargo doesn't have any of those problems... because Fargo doesn't have anything.
    They have me.
    What else is there.

Someday you must make it to this fine city C Mac... you might be surprised.
    gol 'darnit, I hope you don't go into cardiac arrest seeing that I have been covering your back on this one in your absence. ;D
    You and I tend to agree on a lot of things UffDa... as long as it has nothing to do with a stadium. ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Well, it's easy to say Fargo doesn't have any of those problems... because Fargo doesn't have anything.
    They have me.
    What else is there.

Someday you must make it to this fine city C Mac... you might be surprised.
    gol 'darnit, I hope you don't go into cardiac arrest seeing that I have been covering your back on this one in your absence. ;D
    You and I tend to agree on a lot of things UffDa... as long as it has nothing to do with a stadium. ;D
    ;D

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

$%$# them.
    Fargo can kick their home town's $#% anytime they want.

I would take Fargo any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
    Al righty, thank you, bye bye now, come again

Fargo>Mpls ???
    When I want to escape the crime and clusterf*** that is Los Angeles, I go to Mpls to relax and unwind. I can get my fill of nature (not far from city) as well as all the activity Mpls has to offer. You can have Fargo.

Why would the ad be referring to the movie. It makes more sense that they're referencing the town, saying Mpls isn't Fargo, ie. the boonies, sticks, the hills, etc, than referencing the movie as if to say Mpls isn't the Coen bros movie with the woodchipper? Of course it isn't, its an fricken movie.

Blog Entries

"Young" wrote:

Fargo>Mpls ???
    When I want to escape the crime and clusterf*** that is Los Angeles, I go to Mpls to relax and unwind. I can get my fill of nature (not far from city) as well as all the activity Mpls has to offer. You can have Fargo.

Why would the ad be referring to the movie. It makes more sense that they're referencing the town, saying Mpls isn't Fargo, ie. the boonies, sticks, the hills, etc, than referencing the movie as if to say Mpls isn't the Coen bros movie with the woodchipper? Of course it isn't, its an fricken movie.
    If you think anything in the proximity of the metro is really nature you are missing out.

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Young" wrote:

Fargo>Mpls ???

If you think anything in the proximity of the metro is really nature you are missing out.

Yeah, go bear hunting north of Duluth and you start to appreciate what nature is.

Blog Entries

"Schutz" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Young" wrote:

Fargo>Mpls ???

Uff Da

You aren't kidding dere

Yeah, go bear hunting north of Duluth and you start to appreciate what nature is.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Young" wrote:

Fargo>Mpls ???

Obviously you have no idea what Eastern North Dakota is like.
    Hate to break it, but we aren't exactly known for our sticks or hills out here.
    It is pretty damn flat to be honest.
    And the movie Fargo was based in the Twin Cities and rural Minnesota.
    There was only one or two scenes from Fargo, and those weren't even filmed here.

BTW< Fargo has the highest number of software developers per capita of any other region in the US except for the Silicon Valley.
    That is why we have the nickname 'Silicon Prairie'.
    If you have the picture of some small town main street with Ma handing out sweet tea on the corner, you are way off.
    Right now I am looking out the window of my office, which is in the Multiband tower, across the commercial/retail heart of the city.
    Lots of new construction going up here, signs of a strong economy.

You can keep LA. You are right, it is a clusterfuck.
    I pay a mortgage on a large house that probably costs less than half of rent in LA, have a 5 minute drive on the interstate to get to work, and am close to both some truly amazing small towns and a major metro area like the Twin Cities.
    I have lived all over the world, on five different continents, and in cities and metro areas just as big as LA.
    I choose to live in Fargo.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Young" wrote:

Fargo>Mpls ???

It is pretty damn flat to be honest.
    There was only one or two scenes from Fargo, and those weren't even filmed here.

BTW< Fargo has the highest number of software developers per capita of any other region in the US except for the Silicon Valley.
    If you have the picture of some small town main street with Ma handing out sweet tea on the corner, you are way off.
    Right now I am looking out the window of my office, which is in the Multiband tower, across the commercial/retail heart of the city.

I pay a mortgage on a large house that probably costs less than half of rent in LA, have a 5 minute drive on the interstate to get to work, and am close to both some truly amazing small towns and a major metro area like the Twin Cities.
    I have lived all over the world, on five different continents, and in cities and metro areas just as big as LA.
    You are right. That would be my town ;D

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Young" wrote:

Fargo>Mpls ???

It is pretty gol 'darnit flat to be honest.

You work at Doomstadt?
    Or so my friend calls it, I forget where he works in the building.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast