Del Rio Guest

Midget Mauling Lion

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/chohd76/crayon8dp.jpg

Spectators cheered as entire Cambodian Midget Fighting League squared off against African Lion
    Tickets had been sold-out three weeks before the much anticipated fight, which took place in the city of Kâmpóng Chhnãng.

The fight was slated when an angry fan contested Yang Sihamoni, President of the CMFL, claiming that one lion could defeat his entire league of 42 fighters.

Sihamoni takes great pride in the league he helped create, as was conveyed in his recent advertising campaign for the CMFL that stated his midgets will "... take on anything; man, beast, or machine."

This campaign is believed to be what sparked the undisclosed fan to challenge the entire league to fight a lion; a challenge that Sihamoni readily accepted.

An African Lion (Panthera Leo) was shipped to centrally located Kâmpóng Chhnãng especially for the event, which took place last Saturday, April 30, 2005 in the city’s coliseum.

The Cambodian Government allowed the fight to take place, under the condition that they receive a 50% commission on each ticket sold, and that no cameras would be allowed in the arena.

The fight was called in only 12 minutes, after which 28 fighters were declared dead, while the other 14 suffered severe injuries including broken bones and lost limbs, rendering them unable to fight back.

Sihamoni was quoted before the fight stating that he felt since his fighters out-numbered the lion 42 to 1, that they “… could out-wit and out-muscle [it].�

Unfortunately, he was wrong.

:shock:

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Midget Mauling Lion

I am guessing that there is NO MORE CMFL after that debaucle! Maybe we should do that lion thing with the entire NHL (including the owners and front offices)! LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Del Rio Guest

I can't get the images of little midgets attacking a lion and getting pimp slapped.

What's worse is I laughed my ass off when I read it

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Oh man...that's horrible. But really really funny.

ryanmurphy is offline Pro-Bowler

I hate to tell you this, but...

http://lionvs40midgets.uk-directory.com/

Too bad, I like a good Midget story as much as the next guy... (At least no one was really hurt)

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

WTF were they thinking?
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Well, that's a bit odd. I was disgusted as I read the story but I couldn't help myself but chuckle a little at the image of the little people fighting a lion and getting owned like that. Poor people.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Paulbedy59 is offline Coordinator

Pretty good.Now if you put the Duke in there against that lion he would open up a can of whoop a$$ on that poor lion,man Peta would be all over him!! :naka:
    If winning isn,t everything,why keep score?

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

The internet news/non-news phenomenon it an interesting dynamic. I just got this email from some earlier today, then I got it later in the day from two different sources, now I see it on here. It is amazing how these things travel around the world literally like they do.