Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Microsoft rant

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Microsoft rant

"shockzilla" wrote:
    Guess I stirred up a hornet's nest of emotions and debate. ;D ;D ;D
    LOL, I sometimes I think "Bad Shock" lives.
    ;D ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"CaPM" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Hate to say it, but we are in the "Gaming Business" here.
    The Geeks all want MACS.
    The operators all want IBM.
    OK now I'm really intrigued, as gaming on mac, even given their recent push to expand this, is still very limited compared to the PC world.
    Where are you getting these mac-flavored geeks?!

All over the US, and countries abroad....... ;D

http://www.jfcom.mil/about/abt_j7.htm
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"CaPM" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "CaPM" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51469.msg935410#msg935410 date=1239987838]
    Hate to say it, but we are in the "Gaming Business" here.
    The Geeks all want MACS.
    The operators all want IBM.
    OK now I'm really intrigued, as gaming on mac, even given their recent push to expand this, is still very limited compared to the PC world.
    Where are you getting these mac-flavored geeks?!

That's what I was thinking. I don't know of ANY gamers that would choose a mac over a pc.
    Like seriously... no Minesweeper? WTF? :P
    Yeah, the mac version of Minesweeper needs to be activated by saying something smug while sitting in a Coffee Shop. That's too much work for me.
    Just getting the 'unkempt' hair looking convincing enough to get in the door is a pain in the jiggly butt...

[/quote]
    LOL, CMacD, you know the games we run are a bit more serious that some yutz playing "Windows Minesweeper".
    Course the real game we run for scenario driven sweeping is killer.

You gaming geeks would love the shit out of it but wouldn't understand half of it.
    ;D

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"Odin" wrote:
    Just for laughs, not intended to offend any Mac Heads out there (NSFW):

One thing PC users can do that Mac users can'thttp://www.thebestpageintheuniverse....gi?u=macs_cant

I think part of the reason that Microsoft gets a bad rap is that a lot of people who don't really know PC's in-depth assume that every piece of software and hardware is somehow Microsoft's responsibility. A lot of the bugs and whatnot people assign blame upon Windows for is actually the 3rd party software. Like I was saying before, my Vista 64-bit has not crashed of its own accord once since I installed it on a self-built machine (ie. no bundled crap, just the OS). The compatibility issues can be a bit of an annoyance, but in my experience, Pc-based 3rd party software is usually cheaper than Mac software, and due to competition, prices on this software drop a lot faster. Pc's are also much easier to upgrade and modify hardware.

Though I do really hate that MS offers no built-in Office-type software of any kind on the Vista non-bundled OS (not even Works or anything better than Wordpad).
    That goes for viruses too. People that don't know what they're doing get and spread more viruses.

hailtocarter is offline Asst. Coach

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "Odin" wrote:

One thing PC users can do that Mac users can'thttp://www.thebestpageintheuniverse....gi?u=macs_cant

I think part of the reason that Microsoft gets a bad rap is that a lot of people who don't really know PC's in-depth assume that every piece of software and hardware is somehow Microsoft's responsibility. A lot of the bugs and whatnot people assign blame upon Windows for is actually the 3rd party software. Like I was saying before, my Vista 64-bit has not crashed of its own accord once since I installed it on a self-built machine (ie. no bundled crap, just the OS). The compatibility issues can be a bit of an annoyance, but in my experience, Pc-based 3rd party software is usually cheaper than Mac software, and due to competition, prices on this software drop a lot faster. Pc's are also much easier to upgrade and modify hardware.

Though I do really hate that MS offers no built-in Office-type software of any kind on the Vista non-bundled OS (not even Works or anything better than Wordpad).
    That goes for viruses too. People that don't know what they're doing get and spread more viruses.
    That's so true PPE, at least from my experience.
    I've never owned an anti-virus program and I've never had any of my computers infected.
    But, I just sold my laptop to a friend (had it for about 5-6 years with zero problems) and the next day he came to work and told me he got a virus.
    I just called him a dumbass and told him if he can't figure out how to not download shady stuff and click on popups and banners then go get an anti-virus program.

Another thing I think every pc user should do is partition their hard drive (breaks it into 2 or more different pieces of storage) and install the operating system on one by itself and put all other programs and other important files on the other partition.
    That way, if you do get a virus you can just reinstall your OS without losing all your valuable information.
    I reinstall my OS every few months if it starts acting up or just not operating perfectly and then I'm back to new.
    Plus, the new Windows 7 only takes about 20 minutes to completely install the OS so it's not a pain like with XP.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"hailtocarter" wrote:
    "Odin" wrote:

I've never owned an anti-virus program and I've never had any of my computers infected.
    But, I just sold my laptop to a friend (had it for about 5-6 years with zero problems) and the next day he came to work and told me he got a virus.
    I just called him a dumbass and told him if he can't figure out how to not download shady stuff and click on popups and banners then go get an anti-virus program.

Another thing I think every pc user should do is partition their hard drive (breaks it into 2 or more different pieces of storage) and install the operating system on one by itself and put all other programs and other important files on the other partition.
    That way, if you do get a virus you can just reinstall your OS without losing all your valuable information.
    I reinstall my OS every few months if it starts acting up or just not operating perfectly and then I'm back to new.
    Plus, the new Windows 7 only takes about 20 minutes to completely install the OS so it's not a pain like with XP.
    thats a good idea.. I do that, works like a charm.. Also when you install programs and addons it doesn't slow down windows.

hailtocarter is offline Asst. Coach

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "hailtocarter" wrote:
    "Odin" wrote:

thats a good idea.. I do that, works like a charm.. Also when you install programs and addons it doesn't slow down windows.
    Yup.
    Plus if you use any large programs frequently like I do (Photoshop) its nice to have a seperate place for your program to work.
    You just have to make sure your hard drive is large enough.
    You can get a TB for under $100 now so it shouldn't be a problem to upgrade once and never have to do it again.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Plus.... no big hackers etc make bad viruses for Macs... why the fuck would you?
    Hey, I'm going to spend my time designing something that will only affect 5% of the market.
    Or... you can go after PCs.

Microsoft (PC) has more viruses, because they're much bigger.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    Plus.... no big hackers etc make bad viruses for Macs... why the fuck would you?
    Hey, I'm going to spend my time designing something that will only affect 5% of the market.
    Or... you can go after PCs.

Microsoft (PC) has more viruses, because they're much bigger.
    finally, someone gets it.

I'm sick of explaining to people that their mac's aren't "virus proof".

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567