Thread: Metallica

Metallica

I really want to go to see metallica on october 26 at the wells fargo arena in des moines. I don't want to wait until at least next june to see them up here, and according to 93X, that's the earliest they'd be here because the X and target center are booked until then.

After des moines, the next closest is st. louis or an arena in illinois. There are really 2 scenarios:

1. Leave from anoka after the halloween parade on sat. the 25th, drive down, sleep in either my van or your vehicle(Estimated drive time from anoka to des moines 4.5 hours). Get up sunday at whatever time, eat, scope out the town, watch football.
    2. Leave mid morning on the 26th, so we can check into the hotel right when we get there. Stay over, drive back after check out monday.

I'm going to do my best lobbying to my wife between now and then, so even if no one else is interested, it may be a solo trip.

LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, and we can discuss the details.

Basically we would already have our tickets, so that would be taken care of. I'm not really sure about tailgating outside the arena, and depending where the hotel is compared to the arena, drinking at the hotel is an option as well.

This would cost us around $100 in gas. My van is takes E85, and it can be as much as $.90 cheaper then gas, so it makes sense for us to drive that. I am insured, and i have a gps, and we would both be doing the driving.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Metallica

We already have a metallica topic.
    We're bringing purple back.