Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Metallica

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Metallica

So for any metal/metallica fans out there there are now two new studio singles and a new live single that have been released for their new album Death Magnetic.
    I would have to say I really like what I'm hearing.
    Their newest My Apocalypse is their thrashiest song they've released since the black album, and the other two are some of the best I've heard since songs like Fuel and stuff on the Black Album.
    Well I guess I shouldn't say best, I liked a lot of there Load Reload era stuff but this is closer to the Metallica of old so to speak.
    I'm really excited for the new album in September myself.

Re: Metallica

I haven't heard any of their new stuff.
    I'm a huge fan though,
    they've just kinda lost me as of late.
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Schutz" wrote:
    So for any metal/metallica fans out there there are now two new studio singles and a new live single that have been released for their new album Death Magnetic.
    I would have to say I really like what I'm hearing.
    Their newest My Apocalypse is their thrashiest song they've released since the black album, and the other two are some of the best I've heard since songs like Fuel and stuff on the Black Album.
    Well I guess I shouldn't say best, I liked a lot of there Load Reload era stuff but this is closer to the Metallica of old so to speak.
    I'm really excited for the new album in September myself.
    Also of interest to Metallica fans would be the XM radio "Mandatory Metallica" going on right now through September.

http://www.xmradio.com/onxm/series/metallica.xmc

Mandatory Metallica is an amazing amalgam of the greatest rock band in history. The channel will play music from the entire Metallica catalog, including rare live recordings from the band's personal concert archives, extensive interviews with the band and more. Metallica is one of the most influential and commercially successful heavy metal bands, selling more than 100 million albums world-wide - more than half of which were sold in the U.S.

"Mandatory Metallica" (XM 51) will be available on XM from August 16 through September 30.
    =Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

There can never be too much Metallica.

Then it come to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel is just a freight train coming your way.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

I am old school Metallica fan.. I swear the song "One" has been played in my ears more than any other song in my wide array of music tastes.. the Black album was the start of the decline, while that was a decent mainstream album they lost a piece of their edge.. and it hasn't returned yet.. so if these cuts sound edgy and a return to their roots.. I will be one happy camper..

Thanks for the release notes.. off to find a version on the web.. One can never have too much Metallica.. at least for my tastes.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I was a fan until they started complaining about people downloading music. Don't you have enough money?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"marstc09" wrote:
    I was a fan until they started complaining about people downloading music. Don't you have enough money?
    That is very, very true.

When they first hit the scenes, the way their music spread and how they got huge was from people copying their cassettes and giving them to their buddies to listen to. If they had to rely on radio to get to their audience or to rely on fans that had the money to personally buy all of their albums they would have been shit out of luck.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I hate Lars

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    That is very, very true.

When they first hit the scenes, the way their music spread and how they got huge was from people copying their cassettes and giving them to their buddies to listen to. If they had to rely on radio to get to their audience or to rely on fans that had the money to personally buy all of their albums they would have been pooh out of luck.
    I think Lars was the mastermind of that whole thing, he was always the mouth piece against Napster.
    I know last year I think it was Metallica played at Download Fest in Europe and Lars wasn't there and Joey from Slipknot played drums instead.
    Lars has always been the member I could do without, but oh well it wouldn't be metallica without him.

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

Remember when Metallica went on a crusade with Garth Brooks against buying used CD's? That was some of the most hilarious shit ever.

I can't stand anything these douchebags have done since ...And Justice for All, but the happy memory of Lars Uldrich whining like a piss-ant little bitch about how people were stealing his precious millions by purchasing second hand CD's inspired me.

I'm going to go pirate some Metallica mp3's off the interwebs right now!
    ;D

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast