Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Meet the future Mrs. Singersp!

As some of you may already know, I have been corresponding with a beautiful & wonderful young woman from the Philippines via e-mails, phone calls & web cam chats Since then we have fallen deeply in love with each other. Well as of today, I asked her to come to the United States to be my wife.

She gladly accepted my proposal & told me I just made her the happiest girl in the world, which not only made me the happiest guy in the world, but also the luckiest. It also means Viking Ned will become my uncle.

Her name is Jevy, but people call her Jing-Jing.

Now many of you may think, that to propose to a woman I’ve never met might be crazy, I will tell you right now that nothing has felt so right to do in my life as this does, in a long, long time.

I have learned over the course of my life & through my 12 step program to listen to my heart & to God & do what I & He believes is right for me, have faith in that decision. & carry it out. Step 11 says it best, “Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.”

I know the power of that step as it has worked miracles in my life since I began following it, with this decision being no exception.

I made a comment to her last week asking her how she would like to come to the United States. Her reply to me was “If living life would mean loving you for the rest of my life, I would take the chance.”

I was so moved by her words that I had no doubt asking her to be my wife was the right decision.

We all don’t get many opportunities or 2nd chances in life to do things over or make many wrongs a right, but I have been given that chance. I truly believe it is Gods will for me, perhaps for listening to him & changing my life around.

I am truly blessed.

Jevy is a wonderful person as Ned & his wife can attest to. She like many Filipino women are very religious, very devoted to their husbands & marry out of love for a good husband, regardless of their age, looks or how many material things they possess.

I have discovered that for the most part, they are more mature than their women counterparts in the U.S. Many everyday things we take for granted & expect in the states, they are grateful for & they thank God for them.

I know I have found “Miss Right” & have made the right decision. I wanted to wait until I meet her in the Philippines next year before I asked her, but the time was right & so many legal things need to be taken care of before that time by both people involved. So I was compelled to ask her sooner, so things could progress & I could get her to the United States in the quickest amount of time possible. “The stache” isn’t getting any younger you know.

I hope to have her here within 3-4 months of my return from the Philippines next August, which would get her here by Christmas of 2007.

By law, I have to meet with her 1st, before I can apply for a fiancée visa, so I’m also pondering going over there sooner, rather than wait to go with Ned & Margie next August or bring her here to the U.S. for a visit so we can be together sooner.

I still plan on getting down on one knee with the official proposal when we meet, but I know now beforehand what the answer will be.

One more thing I want to mention. None of this would have happened without PP.O., as this is the place where I got to know & meet Ned & Ned is the one who introduced me to Jevy.

I am truly grateful for both of them.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart Uncle Ned.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Meet the future Singersp!

OH MY GOSH SINGER!!! Congratulation's!! I'm so happy for you I don't even know what to say. She sounds great and I wish you both the best. Blessings on your life together!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

[size=24px]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

Haha, just kidding my man! That is SO great!!! I guess I can give up the search for a woman for you - you seem to have done just fine on your own!!!

Congratulations - you deserve a little happiness!!!!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

What can I say but Congrats!!!!!!!!!

After meeting you in person, I knew you where a very kind hearted and caring person, so it was my pleasure introducing you to Jevy....

I'm happy to see you both have decided to make a life together as one.....

Jevy is a very wonderful person, and I think you will both make a very happy couple..

I'm truly happy for you both......I'm just not sure how I'm going to feel about you calling me UNCLE NED...LOL just keep calling me Ned and your friend.....Now my wife will want to be visiting Minnesota also, more games for me...LOL..

I hope I can come to your wedding.....Will be a day I'll never forget..

Congrats again to you Singer and Jevy...

Boy, Is Margie going to be shocked tonight.....hahahahahahahah

Just remember, Nephew's have to listen to and obay their Uncles......hahahahhahahhahahaaha

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

lmao that is so funny that Ned is now your unlce!!!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

"shockzilla" wrote:
    [size=24px]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

Haha, just kidding my man! That is SO great!!! I guess I can give up the search for a woman for you - you seem to have done just fine on your own!!!

Congratulations - you deserve a little happiness!!!!
    It wasn't doing on my own. I'm greatful to Ned for introducing us. It's been 25 years since I dated last, with the exception of a couple of times, but it's nice to know, I haven't lost the Singer charm. :wink:

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

UNCLE NED - has a nice ring to it!!!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

BadlandsVikings is online now Jersey Retired

Congratulations!!!!

Neds wife also has played a big part in it as well, to whom I am very greatful. She has taught me so much about filipino women.

She even told me there is a way where there is an 85% chance she would have a boy.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Wow singer. Congrats! That is just crazy how your life has changed like this. I am happy for you. You better be taking her to lots and lots of vikes games. Will she go to any this year with you?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast