Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Medallion Collection

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    Where do you buy them at and what is the cost? I heard all about them at the game vs. the Saints and got the official medallion holder showing each player but they failed to mention where you could buy the medallions at.
    I think only in the Twin Cities area, I've looked for them around Winona where the paper is sold & came up goose-eggs. They sell for $2.99 ea.(with a Star Tribune purchase I believe). There are 21 players plus a 45th anniversary coin.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

rjkvikings is offline Asst. Coach

"singersp" wrote:
    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    Where do you buy them at and what is the cost? I heard all about them at the game vs. the Saints and got the official medallion holder showing each player but they failed to mention where you could buy the medallions at.
    I think only in the Twin Cities area, I've looked for them around Winona where the paper is sold & came up goose-eggs. They sell for $2.99 ea.(with a Star Tribune purchase I believe). There are 21 players plus a 45th anniversary coin.
    I work at Cub, and they also sell them there. They cost about $2.99 plus tax, and you do need to buy the star tribune too. The holder is actually free, and if you wanted, you could probably get most of the medallions still because they sell them till they are gone, and they don't sell too well. Of course, you have to get the coupons from each days newspaper because they can't sell them to you without the coupon.

Is it one medallion per coupon or can you buy one paper & 10 medallions?

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Some are selling the sets high, like $70.

But, poke around and pick-up a few here and there.

I am getting a Cris Carter one for my collection.

If anybody ever see's a cool Cris Carter collectable around, tell me please!

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Ultra,

I take it you still have your CC cards and such..

Thats great to see, I remember you where in the dumps and thinking of selling your collection, glad it didn't happen...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

I have an authentic pro-line helmet signed by Cris, Daunte & Randy! It's one of my favorites of my collection!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"singersp" wrote:
    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:

I started my collection in Winona actually. I bought it at the SA by the Hy-Vee off of highway 61.

Anyways, you can only get one medallion per coupon. One coupon was in the paper per day for like 22 or 25 days or something. There were a couple of days where the paper had a bonus coupon that you could use to get any player that you had missed. My dad actually used a bonus coupon and got three of them for me. I guess it depends on how strict the seller is. It will be a nice collection for me, anything vikings is what I go for! I'll be getting my medallions from my parents TOMORROW!! WOO HOO!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:

I started my collection in Winona actually. I bought it at the SA by the Hy-Vee off of highway 61.

Anyways, you can only get one medallion per coupon. One coupon was in the paper per day for like 22 or 25 days or something. There were a couple of days where the paper had a bonus coupon that you could use to get any player that you had missed. My dad actually used a bonus coupon and got three of them for me. I guess it depends on how strict the seller is. It will be a nice collection for me, anything vikings is what I go for! I'll be getting my medallions from my parents TOMORROW!! WOO HOO!!
    When were you in Winona VKG4LFE? Do you go there often? I work in Winona about 2 mi from that S/A.

I'll have to check it out tomorrow. I haven't seen any medallions at the Kwik Trips I stop at.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I went to school there and I was back for homecoming. We usually go to Winona every year for homecoming, but my gfs little brother goes to school there and I have a buddy that works at Fastenal still.

I think the medallions were exclusively at SA's and Cub foods or something like that.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I went to school there and I was back for homecoming. We usually go to Winona every year for homecoming, but my gfs little brother goes to school there and I have a buddy that works at Fastenal still.

I think the medallions were exclusively at SA's and Cub foods or something like that.
    Did you go to WSHS or Cotter? I graduated from WSHS.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast