Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Meat is Murder II

Everyone keeps bumping this thread to the top. I only want to read it when Del gives us updates..., unless of course someone's firing cajun up, that's always good too.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I think we all need to sink our teeth into a big bloody steak and relax.

No politics = a better site.
    No Cajun = a quieter site.
    No 6 = a less funny site.
    No Del = loss of a football genius.
    No Ned = nobody living in fear.
    No bono = a better site. :razz:
    No webby = chaos.
    No Magicci = more bandwidth.

Get the drift? We all have unique characteristics about us that make us who we are on this site.

Just be yourself and be mindful of others.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Cajun's good name?!?!!? I want what you have been drinking, if you are smoking something never mind. Thankful for his input!?!!?! AH 6 don't go over to the dark side!!!!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

6-KINGS Guest

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    Cajun's good name?!?!!? I want what you have been drinking, if you are smoking something never mind. Thankful for his input!?!!?! AH 6 don't go over to the dark side!!!!!
    (Cajun)
    6-KINGS you are my son..................

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"6-KINGS" wrote:
    "tarkenton10" wrote:
    (Cajun)
    6-KINGS you are my son..................

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL
    I highly doubt that!!! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

In other news, looks like more vegans coming our way in Japan:

New ban delivers body blow to US beef in Japan

Tue Jan 24, 12:25 AM ET

TOKYO (AFP) - Just a month after Japan reopened its market to US beef, trade has again been suspended and even if imports resume, consumers here are increasingly wary after the latest safety scare.

"I no longer eat US beef because of the mad cow issue," said Takayuki Arakawa, a 35-year-old engineer, who had lived in the United States for about a decade as a student.

"After hearing the news about the shipment with risky material...I thought it was expected and only a matter of time," he said. "I think the reinstatement of the import ban was only reasonable."

Many other consumers echoed his views after Tokyo again banned US beef Friday after finding that a US meat packer exported a shipment that included spinal columns, which can pass on mad cow disease.

Under intense pressure from its closest ally, Japan in December agreed to resume US beef imports that were suspended in 2003 after a mad-cow case was discovered in a herd in Washington state.

Japan agreed to resume US and Canadian beef imports last month provided they came from cattle no more than 20 months old and contained no risky animal parts, such as brains and spinal material, to ensure against disease.

The new ban highlighted the risk taken by companies that chose to import US beef.

Marunaka Co., a supermarket chain in the southwestern Shikoku region, started selling US beef last week and had to pull some six million yen (52,300 dollars) worth of US beef from its stores.

"Should we ban all US beef only because of the mistake made by one meat packer? What about the meat being properly processed by trusted, major meat packing firms, from which we import?" said Takahiro Horita, who is in charge of the meat section of Marunaka.

"The blanket ban damages them (US meat packers), just as it damages us," he said.

Consumer Japan, a major consumers' association that groups 43 organizations, said that Japanese consumers have voiced questions, doubts and fears over the resumption of US beef imports.

"It is not because we do not want US beef. We are saying the risk-monitoring systems for US meat producers and exporters were not fully explained to us," said the group's spokesman.

"Our fear was only proven true. The Japanese government will have to spend a long time talking to Japanese consumers about the issue before resuming imports again from America," he said.

Japan said in December it would send teams to check conditions in the United States but Horita, the meat importer, said the Tokyo government should do so more rigorously to inspect and certify US meat.

"Everything that the government has been doing is vague and not thoroughly explained. It can only build worries among Japanese consumers as well as distrust among US producers," he said.

The ban is a devastating blow for the US farming industry as Japan was the number one overseas market for its beef, buying 1.7 billion dollars' worth in 2002. Japan had imposed a similar ban on Canadian beef in May 2003.

US Deputy Secretary of State
    Robert Zoellick offered regret about the violation of the safety guidelines as he met Monday with senior Japanese leaders.

Governments of the two countries this week are holding talks on lifting the ban, but it could take a great deal of assurance to win back Japanese consumers.

A December survey taken by Kyodo News showed 75 percent of Japanese surveyed would be unwilling to eat the beef, with many saying they would keep buying the meat from Australia -- the biggest beneficiary of the US beef ban.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/japanuscanadatradehealthbeefmadcowconsumers;_ylt=A rDAyxUMsBlNShXexSDVkTgDW7oF;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mB HNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    I didn't find anything wrong. I was just messin' with Cajun. I took no offense and from what I have read with Cajun's posts I thought he could take some ribbing. I never take anything that serious and only once or twice on this site have I gotten into a heated exchange. I don't know why people who really don't know anyone on here will get mad about different ideas or even shots.

How can you get mad when the person you are talking to may not even be what they say they are. This is just a site to have fun. I have debated Cajun in the political spectrum and never got angry at him!! Felt sorry for him because of his skewed thinking!! HA!! HA!!

I think too many people on this site take it too seriously, I don't take anything personal and if Cajun thinks I am a reuplican, bible thumping American all I can say is THANK YOU CAJUN FOR THOSE KIND WORDS. I never knew you democratic, anti-christ type had real feelings!!! HA!!HA!!
    Correction...independent, anti-religion type...thank you!

No offense taken on most of your illogical rants...but calling me the Anti-Christ is taking it a bit too far...and devolves into petty namecalling. I won't stoop to that level...unless it involves bashing a Packer troll that is!!! :evil4:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Sorry.

I know how this will go. One reply will spur another and another and then we have a whole political and moral debate here. And we all know things get really ugly when that happens.

I am not locking this to hold it against anybody. Call me a dink or a nazi if you want; its not the first time.

The topic has run its course.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12