Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Meat is Murder

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Meat is Murder

Well, I would be kinda concerned about harrassment. You do not even need to be very crude and you could get hammered.

Prophet Guest

A few years ago the 'pork queen' in Iowa spilled the beans that she is a vegetarian. It was quite the scandal. She was suppose to be promoting the pork industry. lmao, funny stuff. She resigned.

I know plenty of veggies and vegans. It's just like everything else in life, respect each other and things work out. Some people are extreme in their beliefs and are not open-minded enough to discuss issues. Simple as that.

Ignorance is bliss. If you look into the sugar industry's history you may ethically not be able to eat sugar again. If you look into the banana industry's history you may not be able to eat bananas again. If you look into the poultry industry's history you may not be able to eat poultry again. If you look into the oil industry's history you may not be able to drive again. Sure, stand up for what you believe in, but don't be a self-proclaimed hero for doing it.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"RK." wrote:
    SnowinApril.. You must be a real PC kind of guy. Your advice sounds so ....... sensitive. :smile:

My advice; poke at her with a stick and see if she jumps. :lol:

I have some vegan friends. I usually just point to my eye teeth and say, "You have these for a reason. If God gave them to you I think he expects you to use them." :smile:
    I try to be.

No but seriously though, I am worried about Del not that he can't take care of himself.

Del sees his hunting photos as fun but she might see them as a mission. I would not want Del to be super concerned about it, but I wouldn't throw anymore smart ass jokes her way until there has been an ice breaker, some mutual respect.

Kind a goes back to the idea that I had about the Davis incident. When two strangers are walking at each other in a dark alley, it is hard to judge each others boundaries. You know what to expect (unless you are rodney king) if the authorities are coming at you. Well picture Del and this Veggie coming at each other in the dark alley, they don't know each others boundaries, but each is a little threatened. Well, Del shoots her with his crossbow that he pulls from his back because as she was getting closer, she reached into her pocket and was pulling something from her pocket which looked like a grenade, come to find out later that it was a small container of Dannon Yougurt. You just never know how these thing will go down. Stupid shiney foil tops!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Or so I was just done being told by a new co-worker.

She came to work wearing a shirt that says Meat is Murder. She got the cube next to me.

So I'm sitting there drawing and I feel the creepy sensation someone is watching me. Ok, no big deal I'm a fine specimin for eye rape so have at it baby......oh wait! It's meat murder chick...........

I notice she is looking at my many pictures of dead animals scattered throughout my cube. I ask her if she likes the decor, she sighs and rolls her jiggly butt back to her cube.

At this point I am feeling somewhat uncomfortable. I mean I am a smart jiggly butt, and this is seriously going to lead to some great opportunities to exercise my skills. So I figure as long as she doesn't cross the line I will try my best to respect her beliefs. I celebrate my grown up decision by getting me a grilled steak burrito from Taco Bell. So I'm sitting at my desk feeling my jiggly butt get bigger as I down this 700 Calorie protien monstrosity and it occurs to me I am being watched yet again be Mrs. Peta herself.

She speaks! "Could you please eat your carcass in the break room it's making me sick?"

So I ask her if she just told me to eat myself? She doesn't get it, I explain that she told me to eat my carcass and that if she was refering to the cow carcass I was munching on to refer to him as bob, because he's into it.

So she is very confused and so am I because I have no clue wtf I just said. it sounded good at the time. I continue to eat.....

I am open for suggestions. I will update after trying suggestions so please feel free to use this thread as comic relief.

I suggest that you wear a leather jacket, and rattle snake boots into work! For lunch get a big fat juice bigger, when she says something about it tell her it died of old age and it would be a waste to not eat it and that you are helping mother nature! Then seat and burp about ever 30 seconds and tell her it tasted better the second time. When you leave every Friday tell her you are going hunting or fishing even if you are not!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Well, I would be kinda concerned about harrassment. You do not even need to be very crude and you could get hammered.
    What took me 3 posts and 8 paragraphs to try and say, Ultra summed up in 2 sentences. Ultra you are so succinct.

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

Alright guys geez! I am a vegetarian and I have been since I was 13 years old. I have absolutely no problem with people who eat meat nor do I agree with PETA at all. And yes, I wear leather. I just do not eat meat. Not all vegetarians are nutso animal rightists. OK? I have dated plenty of men who eat meat, my family eats meat , and so do almost all my friends. It's not a big deal...it's just the way I eat. So let's not get our panties in a bunch about all vegetarians being crazy. GEEZ! :shock:

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

BirdHunter is offline Starter

Apparently PETA is handing these out to kids of parents who wear fur. This is another great example of PETA trying to brainwash children

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=36208

[size=10pt]

Friendship is like pissing your pants...
    Everyone can see it,
    But only you can feel its true warmth!!!
    [/size]

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Or so I was just done being told by a new co-worker.

She came to work wearing a shirt that says Meat is Murder. She got the cube next to me.

So I'm sitting there drawing and I feel the creepy sensation someone is watching me. Ok, no big deal I'm a fine specimin for eye rape so have at it baby......oh wait! It's meat murder chick...........

I notice she is looking at my many pictures of dead animals scattered throughout my cube. I ask her if she likes the decor, she sighs and rolls her jiggly butt back to her cube.

At this point I am feeling somewhat uncomfortable. I mean I am a smart jiggly butt, and this is seriously going to lead to some great opportunities to exercise my skills. So I figure as long as she doesn't cross the line I will try my best to respect her beliefs. I celebrate my grown up decision by getting me a grilled steak burrito from Taco Bell. So I'm sitting at my desk feeling my jiggly butt get bigger as I down this 700 Calorie protien monstrosity and it occurs to me I am being watched yet again be Mrs. Peta herself.

She speaks! "Could you please eat your carcass in the break room it's making me sick?"

So I ask her if she just told me to eat myself? She doesn't get it, I explain that she told me to eat my carcass and that if she was refering to the cow carcass I was munching on to refer to him as bob, because he's into it.

So she is very confused and so am I because I have no clue wtf I just said. it sounded good at the time. I continue to eat.....

I am open for suggestions. I will update after trying suggestions so please feel free to use this thread as comic relief.
    Tell her thanks for her opinion, and continue to eat. If she doesn't like what I assume are hunting pictures, tell her not to look. Hopefully you don't end up dealing with the PC bureaucracy of your co.

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

Meat is murder Del, I don't agree with you.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast