Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Meat is Murder

Del Rio Guest

Re: Meat is Murder

I'm out for the weekend though thank goodness.

I don't expect this thread to stay bumped over the weekend but I will find it and update as our plans unfold!

renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

Vegetarian is just a primitive word for "lousy hunter".

Del, you ought to try to get ahold of a poem done by Baxter Black called "The Vegetarian's Nightmare" and play it for your tree-hugging coworker. Black is a famous cowboy poet, and that particular poem is freakin' hilarious.

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

God made us to be carnivores. I don't see how us eating a cow is any different from some other animal doing it.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I'de pull my cock out and ask her if she doesn't eat this kinda meat either........

I guess thats the difference between a cube guy and a concrete guy......LOL

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

what about beating your meat, is that murder?
    We're bringing purple back.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"gregair13" wrote:
    what about beating your meat, is that murder?
    If it was, I bet alot of our own PPO guys would be sitting on death row right about now.... :lol:

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Del, my wife is veggie. She respects me I respect her. I have heard some pretty good arguments for veggie but that is not what this thread is about.

About the girl, I guess I wouldn't say anything to her for now.

My roomate in college and great friend was an avid hunter, pheasant kill, deer kill, elk kill, nothern, walleye, perch all kinds of kill photos with proud smiling faces in each photo. I can imagine what your cube looks like.

I don't think that U 2 have any middle ground right now. She has put herself on the far right with her T shirt and you put yourself on the left with your cube and photos. ( I am ambidextrous so I get my left and right mixed up) My roomate was a smart ass also. He told this girl in class that she must have f*** like sea otters to get an engagement ring like that, huge rock on her finger, well the next day he was sitting in the Deans office and just about got kicked out of school. Some people just can't take a joke.

Just lay back and wait for something in common, the opportune time.

You have to be careful with what you say and lay off the smart comments cause she will just take it as you are offended by her as she is already offended by you. Those pictures do not sit well with the veggie kind. I know for a fact. The reason why I said be careful with what you say is this. She may be looking for something to get you in trouble or at the very least, have you take the photos down.

If you want to say something, the best thing is not to make anymore jokes but just come straight out and say hey "I saw your shirt, and I always wanted to know (your) a veggie perspective, can you tell me why you are a veggie and what kind?" Even if you don't want to hear it, ask. It will be the only true ice breaker. From there, you can handle it. After this point, you can probably throw in a joke or two in due time.

I think the key to the Veggie/Meat relationship is the personal choice stance. Both have to be comfortable with the other and you can not try to convert the other. You aren't going to ask here to go hunting and she isn't going to ask you to make tofu.

ryanmurphy is offline Pro-Bowler

I brought my wife (girlfriend at the time) to the circus last year, and there were a bunch of peta protesters there. I respect people who stand behind their convictions, even if I dont agree with them, but these people make me sick. These freaks were going up to people and their ***KIDS***, and telling them that the circus kills baby elephants. I really got into it with one of them. Preach what you want, but these kids were just there to have a good time. They are not able to rationalize both sides of an argument. There were kids crying thinking that the elephants were all going to die. The circus is coming back next month. Im gonna go down there and hand out anti-pita literature.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"ryanmurphy" wrote:
    I brought my wife (girlfriend at the time) to the circus last year, and there were a bunch of peta protesters there. I respect people who stand behind their convictions, even if I dont agree with them, but these people make me sick. These freaks were going up to people and their ***KIDS***, and telling them that the circus kills baby elephants. I really got into it with one of them. Preach what you want, but these kids were just there to have a good time. They are not able to rationalize both sides of an argument. There were kids crying thinking that the elephants were all going to die. The circus is coming back next month. Im gonna go down there and hand out anti-pita literature.
    Let's not go thinking that every veggie is a peta participant, not saying you were assuming that, but I think that is a misconception that a lot of people make.

Peta is way out there! I don't think a Peta person would have to be a veggie.

Del's Veggie with her Meat is Murder shirt on could very well be PETA.

Too bad her name wasn't Pam, then you could say to her the next time she give you attitude, "who do you think you are PETA-Pam? Go sprinkle that magic anti meat dust somewhere else."

I am a comedian first and then compasionate second.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

SnowinApril.. You must be a real PC kind of guy. Your advice sounds so ....... sensitive. :smile:

My advice; poke at her with a stick and see if she jumps. :lol:

I have some vegan friends. I usually just point to my eye teeth and say, "You have these for a reason. If God gave them to you I think he expects you to use them." :smile:

WWBGD

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast