sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

meanwhile in the major leagues

The St. Louis Cardinals starters are now a combined 67-30. The surprise player of the year at least in the National League has to be Jason Marquis. The guy did nothing with the Braves and before the season started he wasn't even on the radar screen for solid starting pitchers. Now he is 14-4 under LaRussa. Carpenter another surprise on the year has 139 strike outs. The Cards now have a 17.5 game lead in the toughest division in baseball. I don't see anybody in the NL that can stop them from going to the Series if they play like this.

But the hottest pitcher in the game right now is Randy Johnson. The guy has an incredible 249 strike outs and also the best ERA in the Majors. This man is just amazing. He has been around since I started watching baseball and he is still lighting up the field. And he plays in the same division as Barry Bonds.

I really hope he doesn't go to the Yankme's but he has no support on the D Backs so I don't see him staying there much longer.

Anyway I bet the Cards play the Red Sox in the Series this year.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

tlk23 is offline Pro-Bowler

I think the Twins have the best team that they have had in the past 3 years.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Yeah ever since Pohlad offered up the Twins to the chopping block they have been winning division titles. This year would be their 3rd in a row.

The Vikes are the only Minnesota team I like but I really feel bad for Minnesota sports fans. First the Lakers then the North Stars then almost losing the Twins and of course all this talk about the Vikings moving. Even though Minnesota fans are some of the most loyal in the country they keep getting screwed over.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters