Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: McKinnie Trade?

  1. #11
    Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    691

    McKinnie Trade?

    Dont trade McKinnie, thats just stupid. But trade Moss though. McKinnie will develop, he had a OK year. Yeah, i saw Freeney run circles around him, but Dwight Freeney is really fast, so i dont blame him.


  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,160

    McKinnie Trade?

    Dwight Freeney also ran circles around Johnathan Ogden, a pro bowl tackle. I think he got like 3-4 sacks on Boller in that game.

    McKinnie started to take better care of himself at the end of the season, as far as his back spasms and some conditioning. If he works hard over the offseason, he should really blossom next year.

    That mag sounds like a crock.

    Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

  3. #13
    T-Bone is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    114

    Re: McKinnie Trade?

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "vikesfan" wrote:
    I was reading this weeks Sports Weekly magazine and it didn't elaborate at all, but it said that the Vikings might put Bryant McKinnie on the trading block along with Randy Moss.
    I heard too that they are going to put K Williams, A. Winfield, N. Burleson, and possibly C Pep on the the trading table too. :drunken:

    Magazines and analyists opinions are like as*holes. Everybody has one, and the next smells wosre than the previous. (I may have messed-up that analogy)
    All we need is for Sh*thead Red to sell the team and all these rumors will disappear.

    Why are you smelling as*holes?

  4. #14
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: McKinnie Trade?

    "T-Bone" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "vikesfan" wrote:
    I was reading this weeks Sports Weekly magazine and it didn't elaborate at all, but it said that the Vikings might put Bryant McKinnie on the trading block along with Randy Moss.
    I heard too that they are going to put K Williams, A. Winfield, N. Burleson, and possibly C Pep on the the trading table too. :drunken:

    Magazines and analyists opinions are like as*holes. Everybody has one, and the next smells wosre than the previous. (I may have messed-up that analogy)
    All we need is for Sh*thead Red to sell the team and all these rumors will disappear.

    Why are you smelling as*holes?
    Um, I'm not. Its a very common analogy.

  5. #15
    T-Bone is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    114

    Re: McKinnie Trade?

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "T-Bone" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "vikesfan" wrote:
    I was reading this weeks Sports Weekly magazine and it didn't elaborate at all, but it said that the Vikings might put Bryant McKinnie on the trading block along with Randy Moss.
    I heard too that they are going to put K Williams, A. Winfield, N. Burleson, and possibly C Pep on the the trading table too. :drunken:

    Magazines and analyists opinions are like as*holes. Everybody has one, and the next smells wosre than the previous. (I may have messed-up that analogy)
    All we need is for Sh*thead Red to sell the team and all these rumors will disappear.

    Why are you smelling as*holes?
    Um, I'm not. Its a very common analogy.
    Sorry...was trying to have fun.

  6. #16
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    16,005

    McKinnie Trade?

    "wisc vike" wrote:
    I am very excited about McKinnie's future, especially the way he played the last 5 games. He shut down KGB in the playoff game, and didn't have too much of a problem with Eagles DE's. Trading him would be bad not only because he's a pretty good player now, but also because he could become so good.
    He has to stop people more consistently. It seems like he goes a game or two in a row and plays very well and then he will have a string of a couple of games where he couldn't block anything!

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  7. #17
    vikesfan is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    152

    McKinnie Trade?

    Yeah, I agree with you VKG4LFE that McKinnie does need to be more consistent. However, I do remember Tice talking about how he thinks that McKinnie finally learned how to practice and prepare like a professional. So if this is the case, maybe he just had bad practice habits and finally became more serious with his approach near the end of the season, which could explain his strong finish this year. I don't have a link for this, but I do remember hearing something similar to that. Tice didn't say that he had bad preparation skills, but moreso that he really learned to pick it up a notch near the end of the season. Hopefully that's the case and he continues to do that, in which case I think he has the potential to be a dominant force in the NFL for many years.

  8. #18
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    16,005

    McKinnie Trade?

    "vikesfan" wrote:
    Yeah, I agree with you VKG4LFE that McKinnie does need to be more consistent. However, I do remember Tice talking about how he thinks that McKinnie finally learned how to practice and prepare like a professional. So if this is the case, maybe he just had bad practice habits and finally became more serious with his approach near the end of the season, which could explain his strong finish this year. I don't have a link for this, but I do remember hearing something similar to that. Tice didn't say that he had bad preparation skills, but moreso that he really learned to pick it up a notch near the end of the season. Hopefully that's the case and he continues to do that, in which case I think he has the potential to be a dominant force in the NFL for many years.

    No kidding!

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings initiate trade talks for Bryant McKinnie
    By MulletMullitia in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-02-2011, 09:33 PM
  2. Vikes could trade McKinnie for Peppers & Gross!
    By Tom2Bucs in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-20-2008, 07:12 PM
  3. Vikings AREN'T trying to make a trade & Trade rumors thread
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 142
    Last Post: 10-05-2007, 09:20 PM
  4. MOVED: If We trade our first round pick who should we trade for?
    By ultravikingfan in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-01-2007, 06:21 PM
  5. Vikings pull only trade at trade deadline!
    By Turboe in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 139
    Last Post: 10-21-2005, 01:43 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •