Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McKinnie Trade?

vikesfan is offline Starter

McKinnie Trade?

I was reading this weeks Sports Weekly magazine and it didn't elaborate at all, but it said that the Vikings might put Bryant McKinnie on the trading block along with Randy Moss. This is the first that I have heard of that, and honestly, I can't find any reasoning behind wanting to trade McKinnie.

I'll admit that he didn't have a great year, mostly having trouble against smaller and faster DE's like Kearse and Feeney, but I thought he played really well the last month of the season. Also, he was our most durable lineman (maybe with the exception of Dixon) throughout the season. I think it's a horrible idea to trade him, but we'll see. Has anyone else heard anything about this yet? Sports Weekly is usually a pretty reliable magazine. I've read it weekly for the last year or two but I hope they're wrong about this because honestly, what could we even get for him, a 4th round pick? Maybe a third? Just seems weird to me.

And also, with Kleinsasser back next year, McKinnie would get help doubling the elite DE's in the league. Kleinsasser is a much better blocker than Wiggins, so his presence alone will significantly help McKinnie.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

McKinnie Trade?

Trading mckinnie alone along with moss is just plain stupid. Why would we trade our cornerstone left tackle away??? Good o-linemen just dont pop up everywhere. It would also break the chemistry and bond with the other o-linemen.

I dont believe this or the moss trade. :angryfire:
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Re: McKinnie Trade?

"vikesfan" wrote:
    And also, with Kleinsasser back next year, McKinnie would get help doubling the elite DE's in the league. Kleinsasser is a much better blocker than Wiggins, so his presence alone will significantly help McKinnie.

Good call, good call :-)
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

McKinnie Trade?

I'm getting tired of all this d@mn trade talk!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

McKinnie Trade?

Me too, I'll believe when I actually see it. I don't think Moss will be traded, and I don't think McKinnie will be traded.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

wisc vike is offline Training Camp

McKinnie Trade?

I am very excited about McKinnie's future, especially the way he played the last 5 games. He shut down KGB in the playoff game, and didn't have too much of a problem with Eagles DE's. Trading him would be bad not only because he's a pretty good player now, but also because he could become so good.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"vikesfan" wrote:
    I was reading this weeks Sports Weekly magazine and it didn't elaborate at all, but it said that the Vikings might put Bryant McKinnie on the trading block along with Randy Moss.
    I heard too that they are going to put K Williams, A. Winfield, N. Burleson, and possibly C Pep on the the trading table too. :drunken:

Magazines and analyists opinions are like as*holes. Everybody has one, and the next smells wosre than the previous. (I may have messed-up that analogy)

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "vikesfan" wrote:
    I was reading this weeks Sports Weekly magazine and it didn't elaborate at all, but it said that the Vikings might put Bryant McKinnie on the trading block along with Randy Moss.
    I heard too that they are going to put K Williams, A. Winfield, N. Burleson, and possibly C Pep on the the trading table too. :drunken:

Magazines and analyists opinions are like as*holes. Everybody has one, and the next smells wosre than the previous. (I may have messed-up that analogy)
    lmao
    and left your self open for all sorts of zingers. good thing its not pack week.lol

McKinnie Trade?

that doesnt make sense to me either..trade away your former first round draft pick after, what, his 3rd season when he is starting to become a premier tackle? Yeah, ok. I will be really surprised if we did.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

VikesFan111 is offline Rookie

"vikesfan" wrote:
    I was reading this weeks Sports Weekly magazine and it didn't elaborate at all, but it said that the Vikings might put Bryant McKinnie on the trading block along with Randy Moss. This is the first that I have heard of that, and honestly, I can't find any reasoning behind wanting to trade McKinnie.

I'll admit that he didn't have a great year, mostly having trouble against smaller and faster DE's like Kearse and Feeney, but I thought he played really well the last month of the season. Also, he was our most durable lineman (maybe with the exception of Dixon) throughout the season. I think it's a horrible idea to trade him, but we'll see. Has anyone else heard anything about this yet? Sports Weekly is usually a pretty reliable magazine. I've read it weekly for the last year or two but I hope they're wrong about this because honestly, what could we even get for him, a 4th round pick? Maybe a third? Just seems weird to me.

You know what's funny? I stopped reading that magazine because everytime I read it the Vikings would lose. I thought it was bad luck but yeah, trading McKinnie is the stupidest trade talk I have heard yet. Well...besides the Moss-Raider trade.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast