Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Tad7's Avatar
    Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,451

    McHale out as Timberwolves coach

    MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Kevin McHale and the Minnesota Timberwolves have come to a mutual agreement that he will not return as coach next season.

    A person with knowledge of the decision, speaking on condition of anonymity because an announcement had not been made, told The Associated Press on Wednesday that McHale and new boss David Kahn had decided that McHale's time with the Timberwolves was up.

    That confirms a Twitter message posted by the Timberwolves' Kevin Love early Wednesday that read, "Today is a sad day ... Kevin McHale will NOT be back as head coach this season."
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iXk3F_Q5xEkh0BFK9Gs9O0yXuN6AD98SFMEG2
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

    X MARKS THE SPOT

  2. #2
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: McHale out as Timberwolves coach

    Why is this a sad day???
    McHale was Matt Millanesque as GM and OK (at best) as a HC.
    This franchise desperately needs new direction.

  3. #3
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: McHale out as Timberwolves coach

    "Tad7" wrote:
    MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Kevin McHale and the Minnesota Timberwolves have come to a mutual agreement that he will not return as coach next season.

    A person with knowledge of the decision, speaking on condition of anonymity because an announcement had not been made, told The Associated Press on Wednesday that McHale and new boss David Kahn had decided that McHale's time with the Timberwolves was up.

    That confirms a Twitter message posted by the Timberwolves' Kevin Love early Wednesday that read, "Today is a sad day ... Kevin McHale will NOT be back as head coach this season."
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iXk3F_Q5xEkh0BFK9Gs9O0yXuN6AD98SFMEG2
    The NBA sucks.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #4
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: McHale out as Timberwolves coach

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Tad7" wrote:
    MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Kevin McHale and the Minnesota Timberwolves have come to a mutual agreement that he will not return as coach next season.

    A person with knowledge of the decision, speaking on condition of anonymity because an announcement had not been made, told The Associated Press on Wednesday that McHale and new boss David Kahn had decided that McHale's time with the Timberwolves was up.

    That confirms a Twitter message posted by the Timberwolves' Kevin Love early Wednesday that read, "Today is a sad day ... Kevin McHale will NOT be back as head coach this season."
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iXk3F_Q5xEkh0BFK9Gs9O0yXuN6AD98SFMEG2
    The NBA sucks.

    =Z=

  5. #5
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,281

    Re: McHale out as Timberwolves coach

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Why is this a sad day???
    McHale was Matt Millanesque as GM and OK (at best) as a HC.
    This franchise desperately needs new direction.
    +1, McHale needs to go away. Great player, horrible GM. Can't say for sure about the coaching thing, but if he is any good he will get another chance with another team, he probably wants to go to a winning team as bad as the team wants a winning coach.
    I look back at the opportunities the Wolves had and it saddens me. They had the best player in the league for several years and just couldn't get it done. I really want to support the wolves, but it is hard.

  6. #6
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,281

    Re: McHale out as Timberwolves coach

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Tad7" wrote:
    MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Kevin McHale and the Minnesota Timberwolves have come to a mutual agreement that he will not return as coach next season.

    A person with knowledge of the decision, speaking on condition of anonymity because an announcement had not been made, told The Associated Press on Wednesday that McHale and new boss David Kahn had decided that McHale's time with the Timberwolves was up.

    That confirms a Twitter message posted by the Timberwolves' Kevin Love early Wednesday that read, "Today is a sad day ... Kevin McHale will NOT be back as head coach this season."
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iXk3F_Q5xEkh0BFK9Gs9O0yXuN6AD98SFMEG2
    The NBA sucks.

    =Z=
    The NFL sucks too.

  7. #7
    pack93z's Avatar
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,465

    Re: McHale out as Timberwolves coach

    Now here is a shocker.. lol.

    But I must admit.. in the hierarchy of sports I follow.. the NBA has slipped into the ranks of the NHL, World Cup Soccer, and the PBA..

    In other words.. I probably would get more enjoyment out of watching a mouse steal a piece of cheese from a mousetrap without getting caught... a couple hundred times.

  8. #8
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: McHale out as Timberwolves coach

    "pack93z" wrote:
    Now here is a shocker.. lol.

    But I must admit.. in the hierarchy of sports I follow.. the NBA has slipped into the ranks of the NHL, World Cup Soccer, and the PBA..

    In other words.. I probably would get more enjoyment out of watching a mouse steal a piece of cheese from a mousetrap without getting caught... a couple hundred times.
    You know, to be completely honest I would also much rather watch a mouse steal a piece of cheese than sit through an entire NBA game.
    I'd also rather watch the mouse run mazes, get shocked, poop, etc.

  9. #9
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: McHale out as Timberwolves coach

    Why the fuck did we ever get rid of Flip?

  10. #10
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,281

    Re: McHale out as Timberwolves coach

    "V4L" wrote:
    Why the floop did we ever get rid of Flip?
    +1, darn good coach but had to deal with the worst GM in all of sports.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Dump McHale NOW!!!
    By oaklandzoo24 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-11-2008, 06:00 PM
  2. Former Dolphins & Bucs player Tom McHale found dead
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 08:34 AM
  3. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 04:59 AM
  4. Is McHale a nut, or what?
    By ForceOfNorse in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-08-2007, 12:59 AM
  5. Mchale wont leave..... What kind of person is he?
    By PurpleGator in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-21-2007, 07:02 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •